[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

I commented out line 999 to squelch the log errors for now (In the Echo Speaks Device driver):

13 Likes

If you use the Actions part of ES to create your announcements, you can change the voice however you like (accent, speed, etc). My daughter likes her presence announced by a female British voice. Works like a charm.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks @jerias.mitchell !!!

Thank you! I'm having the same issues and it's getting very crowded in logs.

Thank you @jerias.mitchell. I'm too getting the same errors in my logs.

Hi! All of my devices are throwing the below error. I recently upgraded to a C-8 but kept Echo Speaks on my C-7, so I don’t think that would have caused it, but that’s the only recent change I know of. I saw a similar issue with solution here, but that fix didn’t work for me. Devices seem to be functioning correctly otherwise.

Any thoughts on a solution would be appreciated.

getPlaylists Response Exception | Status: (404) | Msg: status code: 404, reason phrase: Not Found

Scroll up a few posts, known issue, not hurting anything, and there is a fix to hide the errors if you dont want to see them:

2 Likes

Getting flooded with the same error.

that says your ES server is unreachable

1 Like

I checked my Heroku and it LOOKS like it is working. A quick test of my Echos with webcore worked. Not sure what to do with this.

Thanks. I didn’t scroll up far enough and search didn’t find it because only an image was posted.

Thank you for this!

2 Likes

I migrated to a C8 and have been having cookie issues since.

I refreshed the cookie and it reported success and ES tests work, but it keeps logging refresh FAILED errors. I even changed the callback URL from cloud to the local IP and it does the same thing. FWIW, I haven't restarted my server (Linux VM) since but I've never had to.

That process time seem excessive?

Thoughts?

OK, I'm stumped. It says refreshed, but ES doesn't show it.

Well I really broke it now. Tried to clear data and re-auth and it's stuck saying not authenticated (login does process). Restarted my local cookie server to no avail.

After I migrated I also had to re-deploy the server. Its a tricky process to get the sequences just right and get it to authorize. It took me several tries. I was at the point I didn't think I was going to get it running again. Then it did!

Not sure what I did differently but it finally started working again. So maybe step away and come back.

I re-deployed the server and it still won't work. It authenticated to amazon the fist time from the local cookie server, but now won't from the ES setup.

I have some info here that might help. At the bottom there is info about getting it logged in and authorized: [GUIDE] Echo Speaks Server on Docker (and alternates)

Thanks, I've been through that about 5 times now.

Intermittently getting logged into Amz at the node, but then it doesn't update in ES.

Occasionally, Amz seems to want to verify a browser login from my local browser so I might let things settle a bit and come back to it.

Wow. I restarted the cookie server (Ubuntu VM) for like the 6th time, rebooted the hub (new step) and was able to auth and get it reconnected in the ES app. It's using the cloud callback URL but I'm good with that if it works.

This whole process just seems so flakey and inconsistent...