[BETA COMPLETE] Universal Ecobee Suite for Hubitat & SmartThings (Free)

ecobee-suite-routines.groovy updated to 1.7.01

Should fix the problem @JDogg016 reported.

There is a problem with open contacts helper app. If thermostat is off and contact was open and closed. App turns thermostat on , and sets last known running mode.

Hmmm...so, you are saying that if the HVAC was off when the FIRST window was opened, you don't want it turned back on when all the windows are closed?

I'll have to think about that - could be tricky...

101 Registered Users!

As of this morning, there are 101 users who have at least authenticated Ecobee Suite 1.7.**!!!

We have 73 users on SmartThings and 28 users on Hubitat...

1 Like

I am sure that how it was working with ST integration.

I added the logic to leave the AC off if it was already Off when the first contact/switch would have turned it off...it wasn't there before today, Version 1.7.08 includes that new functionality...

I'd suggest not requiring a SMS number under Ecobee Site Manager Preferences (or including a toggle switch to disable that function, if desired.)

EDIT:
Also, very impressed with this over the built-in Ecobee Integration app; lots more variables available and hopefully the functionality is better. I found with the built-in app that any of the fan control settings (on/auto) from HE would result in the Ecobee holding the current programmed temp, instead of turning on/auto the fan.

I am in the process of finalizing the installation. I am at step

1. You should receive a message indicating Your ecobee Account is now connected to Hubitat!

Instead of the above it says SmartThings. I am following the instructions for Hubitat.

1 Like

Thermostat selection also says SmartThings instead of Hubitat.

1 Like

I get these errors in the logs

-> API is not fully connected, queueing call to setProgram(EcobeeTherm: My ecobee3, Sleep, 317496442772, indefinite null

v1.7.12 on Hubitat

I suggest that you re-authenticate in Ecobee Suite Manager - for some reason, you got bumped from the secure connection to Ecobee...it may have happened last night when the Ecobee Servers where down for an extended period of time...

I was bumped off last night too. It would be nice if the Ecobee dashboard tile would show status and error alerts.

1 Like

Yeah, I need to get that working again. Thanks for reminding me!!!! :+1:

2 Likes

One indication that it's not working again is that the App won't read Online anymore. But yeah, more explicit notification would be quite useful!

1 Like

Also, this probably should be obvious, but it might be not... If you restore your Hub database from the backup, you need to re-authorize manually with Ecobee. It's kinda finicky, after the restore the app shows Online, but then it goes away in 5-10 minutes.

@storageanarchy

Now that we're in summer proper, I've want to use your Universal Ecobee Suite to change dehumidification settings.

I have a very simple use - when the temperature is >72F, I want to set the dehumidify set-point to be 58. When the temperature is lower than 70F, I want to set the dehumidify set-point to be 62.

To see if this would work, I opened up my EcobeeTherm thermostat and manually set the dehumidify set-point to be 58. The logs say that the setpoint is changing (see clipping below), but the setpoint doesn't change on the ecobee portal or the ecobee thermostat. There's also an error generated.

Could you please help me resolve this?

Thanks again for writing an incredibly useful suite of programs for HE.

To fix the error, at line 3089 of Ecobee Suite Thermostat, change "deviceId" to simply "device".

The error occurs in a line of code that wants to tell you that there is no dehumidifier configured for this thermostat. Open up the thermostat device in Hubitat, and look for the value of "hasDehumidifier" - if it isn't "true" then something isn't configured correctly on your thermostat.

Let me know - I'm live on-line for a bit, so I'll check back in a few minutes...

BTW - going forward I would appreciate it if you could use this thread for problem reports and feedback - the Beta is no longer active, we're running the [RELEASED] version now:

Does the ecobee 4 have Zigbee? I can't tell. I'm assuming not. Does that then mean it won't work with this app @storageanarchy?

None of the Ecobees use Zigbee - they are all controlled via IP-based cloud connections. And yes, my Ecobee Suite works great with the Ecobee4 ...