I am pleased to announce the General Availability of my Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**,
The latest updates were posted on 2 August 2019 at 11:10am EDT Click here for info on this update.
What makes it "Universal" you ask?
Well, to my knowledge, this is the first and only Ecobee integration that runs on both Hubitat and SmartThings! I've managed to create a single code base that delivers near 100% identical capabilities for both hub platforms!
Beginning with this release, I'm not going to try to cover all the new features and capabilities here in the Community. Instead I'll ask that you visit my GitHuB repository and find the What's New section of the updated README.md that you'll find there.
But just as a teaser, release 1.7.00 brings some neat new capabilities, including:
- New Thermal Comfort Helper that will actively adjust your setpoints based on the scientific concept of optimizing your environment's temperature based on humidity, clothing, activity and personal preference. Thanks to @richardpeng for this one...
- New Working From Home Helper that will automatically override your "Away" program if anyone is still home after a specified time of day;
- Updated Smart Modes/Routines/Switches/Programs Helper, that now supports initiating actions based on a (virtual) switch, and/or adds the ability to turn on/off switches as part of the Actions;
- New Notifications features, fully integrated with Hubitat's extensible notifications capability
- Code-based authentication, doesn't require the cumbersome user-PIN of the prior (third party) port
For the rest of the details, please visit my updated repository at: