[BETA] A Z-Wave Mesh Tool [C7 and 2.2.4+ Only]

Need to update the app but any ideas on why RTT and LWR are still unknown? The devices (especially motion) have certainly activated.

Can you add the PER so I can see if the error rates are inflated?

This looks really cool, but I clearly don't know much about z-wave as I should! Is there a good guide for what all of these numbers mean? Preferably one that's not too technical? (New mom, sleep deprivation makes lots of technical things hard to process :sleeping: )

Thanks!

1 Like

I am not sure about this. My guess is that the device just hasn't provided the data. It seems that stats do not update very frequently, particularly for RSS devices, like battery powered motion and contact sensors.

@bcopeland Do you have some insights here? Is there any way to trigger/force the update of these stats?

I will add this to the list. Thanks for the suggestion.

This is an outstanding app. For me, the most useful presentation is the upper left rectangle showing the repeating devices and exactly which other devices are routing through each repeater. Very helpful.

1 Like

I keep going back to this post to remember:

Platform Changes

• C7: Z-Wave UI improvements:
    • Removed hub node from Z-Wave details page.
    • New node health statistics and topology map (see this post).

5 Likes

Thank you!!!

@Panda Thanks for providing the reference information. I was working on writing up some details but you beat me to it (and are probably a lot easier to understand) :slight_smile:

A few note about the (rather arbitrary) color coding I have used (I plan to make this configurable in the future):

RTT Avg: Orange if it is between 100ms and 500ms; Red if it is more than 500ms

RTT StdDev: Orange if it is between 1x and 2x the mean (RTT Avg); Red if it is more than 2x Avg

LWR RSSI: Orange if it is between 17dB and 0dB; Red if it is less than 1dB

Route Changes: Orange if it is between 1 and 4 changes; Red if it is more than 4 changes

1 Like

The tool is fantastic. Now we are all just waiting patiently for you to create the equivalent for hub statistics :nerd_face:

Funny you should say so, I was actually thinking about this just an hour ago... we will see if I get to it. :wink:

4 Likes

I installed the latest platform update which forced a reboot. Interesting enough LSR is all cleared to unknown but RTT and Routes for some reason do not. Was hoping it would reset my route changes so I could easily see if they were still moving.

Summary

As I understand it from prior comments by @bcopeland, a platform update doesn't actually do a full reboot. You can try shutdown, remove power, and wait a minute or so before restarting.

However, Be aware, at least for me, it is not uncommon for several devices to show in a failed or not responding state immediately after a restart; it usually clears up after a little while.

I just did this and all route changes reset to 0, RTT Avg and RSSI values are unknown, and the hub shows 8 failed and 1 not responding nodes on restart. The topology and routes are persistent across restarts.

2 Likes

I would love to be able to provide this for the C5, but:

1. I am not sure if there is enough data available for it to be useful; and
  2. I do not have a C5 for development and testing.

At the least i would need someone with a C5 to send me some data from their hub and help test it.

On my C7 running 2.2.4.148 running 0.1.10-beta of the app I get the following error when trying to launch the viewer:

"DataTables warning: table id=DataTables_Table_0 - Requested unknown parameter 'display' for row 4, column 0. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4"

The chrome console shows:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at render (dataTables.searchPanes.min.js:48)
    at jquery.dataTables.min.js:31
    at Object.b.fnGetData (jquery.dataTables.min.js:25)
    at F (jquery.dataTables.min.js:30)
    at Db (jquery.dataTables.min.js:59)
    at Ab (jquery.dataTables.min.js:57)
    at ha (jquery.dataTables.min.js:56)
    at U (jquery.dataTables.min.js:44)
    at x.<anonymous> (jquery.dataTables.min.js:120)
    at x.iterator (jquery.dataTables.min.js:114)

@eric.dalquist Thanks for the report. Can you send me (via PM) a screenshot of your zwave details page?

PM sent with both the hub and app page screenshots.

Thanks. I believe that the issue is the two ghost nodes. I will work to get a fix out later today.

Ah yeah I haven't gotten around to cleaning those up with a PC controller stick yet, thanks for the quick turnaround!

New version has been checked in:

v0.1.11-beta

• Fix Issue #1 for error when zombie nodes are present (@jtmpush18 @eric.dalquist please let me know whether this fixed the errors you reported)
  • Add Error Count column (requested by @Panda)
  • Add Security status column (and filter, if applicable)
  • Reorder some data
1 Like

That is correct.. Just the hub software is shutdown and reloaded..

1 Like