Best Zigbee Smart Plugs

I'm looking at these two

Innr SP 224, and Centralite Smart Plug Mini

Innr:

Centralite:

I like the look of the Innr, but can't confirm 100% it's ZHA...found this on the ZIgbee alliance page:

|SKU|SP 220, SP 222, SP 224|
|---|---|
|Firmware Version    |0x10|
|Hardware Version    |0x01|
|Certificate ID      |ZIG19106ZB330348-24|
|Certified Date      |05/24/2019|
|Compliance Document|Download Compliance Document   |
|Product has successfully completed TIS/TRP testing |No|

Any strong preferences for either. Primary use is as repeaters, they may get some use as plugs but that's secondary.

I use the Centralite outlets and never have a problem with them. I still use 6 of the original cube outlets and 4 of the new generation. I stick with this brand because I know they work. I prefer not to be a guinea pig when trying different brands.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have two of the original cubes as well, and also haven't had any issues...I just had no experience w/the new models so wanted to be sure they were as good as the original.

as far as the innr, looks like there were issues with it. Not certain about lately

1 Like

If you'd like some more Centralite outlets, you can grab 10 of them for $75 here

https://teamequip.com/iris/

These are the latest generation Iris 3210-L2 outlets. Many of us bought from this vendor with very good success.

5 Likes

I bought a couple of the centralites, but they are no longer available from what I can find sine the company went bankrupt. I have some of the Innr plugs, but you can't stack them. I see options for stackable units that use wifi, but would really prefer they not be on my wifi network.

Looks like they are still available from the vendor @ogiewon suggested above.

The ones I bought though were from further above. Model 4200-C were short enough you could put one on top of the other at the same outlet.

1 Like

I believe the ones @ogiewon linked to work as zigbee and z-wave repeaters.

2 Likes

How many plugs do you guys use? I noticed that Iris devices: the 3326-L motion sensors, and these plugs are getting harder and harder to find so I was thinking about stocking up. And based on what I am reading, these devices are basically the best on the market, especially on value/$ front.

Also what is the best method for checking that the plugs are functioning as normal? Like the zigbee side seems easy enough, just pair and test the relay, but how should the z-wave repeating side be tested?

I have about a dozen plugs.
A couple Centralite 4200-C.
A couple 10A plugs from Innr (too bulky in the vertical so can't use 2 on the same outlet)
A few Jasco/GE 28169 (bulky in everywhich way)
Finally a few Kasa HS105. I really like these, but would prefer they were zigbee or zwave. A driver and App available in the community is needed as well. Currently you can buy a 4 pack on Amazon for $27. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RCNB2L3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just out of pure curiosity, what are you controlling with so many smart outlets? Lamps?

I have 7 or 8 Iris 3210-L smart outlets, and only two of them have something plugged into them... and those devices are Arduino/ESP8266 microcontrollers. I use the outlets to reboot these on the rare occasion that something goes awry. The rest are purely to establish and maintain a healthy mesh network.

2 Likes

Lamps and a few wall mounted space heaters in bedrooms. For the heaters, I have virtual thermostats that use the temperature from motion sensors. For the lamps. I'm able to turn on some lighting when little ones get out of bed in the middle of the night and they also never shut anything off! Yeah, I know the payback off a few lamps never shut off vs. the switches I bought may be 50 years, but hey.

During the holiday season, I have a few that I use as well. The Kasa's were my intro into home automation for that very reason.

1 Like

Interesting. What kind of amperage do these pull?

1 Like

I have 7 or 8 and use 6 of them to actually control devices:

1. My sleep number bed gets turned off when I'm away - so my cats don't accidentally get crushed by some mishap.
  2. The BioBidet washlets get turned off when I'm away.
  3. One of them controls the relay I use for the garage door.
  4. One of them turns off the heated mattress pad when I leave the house.
  5. The last one controls a little Vornado fan that is by my desk.
1 Like

They are only 600 W. A 1500W though should be able to be used on a 15A plug, but I would read the specs carefully and use a brand I trust. The Jasco says 1800W resistive.

I just bought 4 of these cheap ones:
US ZigBee Smart Plug Switch Power Socket For eWeLink Amazon Alexa Google Home | eBay

$24.12 out the door with tax!

We'll see how that goes! they will take a long time to get here! I will check back around the middle of February.

Someone else posted about those on another thread...here it is, I think. Same plug?

Most likely not up to U.S standard as well.
I recommend stay away from non-standard Electrical devices.

Any updates to this thread in 2022?