Best Zigbee Smart Plugs

Again have 12 of them and zero hub slowdowns, haven't even rebooted the hub in weeks.

When I look at the route table, none are showing up as routing for anything but themselves. They are just routing through other devices which is probably not helping. When I had one in use for zigbee lag in Hub Watchdog, the times were quite variable (250-1200ms) and your post as well as @Ryan780 's seems to explain why.

1 Like

My Samsung plugs are low ram as well and don't exhibit this behavior.

This is what I was alluding to, but I need to remove them and see if the latency improves.

1 Like

Just because you are not having any ill effects from this happening doesn't mean that it isn't happening to you too. Do you think we're making this up or something? I don't get why the hostility.

3 Likes

That is in fact exactly what that means

No, it just means it hasn't negatively impacted you yet. Did you look at your table to see if yours are doing the same thing or not? That would be the definitive proof one way or the other. But I suspect you did and did see. Otherwise you would have been throwing it in our faces.

2 Likes

Why would I, I have no issues? If it's not broke don't fix it. Maybe some of your issues is that "teaching yourself"? Perhaps?

Looking at your router table doesn't change anything. So, you are saying, "I refuse to look to find out if I have the same thing happening that everyone else is. Just because everyone else is seeing it, I am certainly not because I know I'm not."

2 Likes

I have no issues, that is what I'm saying.

How do you know if you don't look? You're not having any symptoms but it doesn't mean you don't have the disease.

Until you come back with hard evidence one way or the other all of your observations are purely anecdotal.

3 Likes

Symptoms come BEFORE a disease.......might try some logical thnking

That isn't possible. You have to be infected by a bacteria before you can have symptoms of an infection by a bacteria. What you are saying is 100% wrong.

You can't have cancer symptoms until you have cancer.

4 Likes

Infectious come before symptoms, so @Ryan780's analogy holds.

2 Likes

@Ryan780 I wonder if this has any relation to an issue I have recently found with my Peanut Plugs. I have 4 of them and I have the updated firmware. I tried to use one to monitor my washing machine since they are rated for more power than most smart plugs. I found my rule to be getting triggered at odd times. I started sending the power levels to InfluxDB on my Raspberry Pi and graphing it with Grafana. The Peanut plugs were showing spikes in the graph as high as 600 watts at random times with nothing turned on. I added a Smartthings plug to the same outlet right below it and started graphing that one also. No spikes on the Samsung Plug but spikes on the Peanut plugs in the same outlet and on the other one I monitored. I then checked a few of my other Z-wave and Zigbee plugs and the only ones doing this were the Peanut Plugs.

2 Likes

I've seen this with Peanuts as well.

1 Like

Good to now it's not just mine then. I thought I may have had some noise on my line until I compared them against the others. Looks like I'll be replacing these.

1 Like

Same here

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Ever heard of preventative maintenance?