Best smart roller blind controller

What is everyone using for controlling roller blinds? I was looking at the Ajax controller that is WiFi however are there any zigbee or z wave options people are using? I’m UK based

I’ve used a couple of THESE and they’ve been great.
Open, Close, Report position etc

Sounds like what I’m after. Does it really work 100% on solar power?

I charged the included batteries up when I got the blinds about 2 years ago and have never charged them again.
I’m assuming the solar panel is keeping them topped up. :+1:t3:

Hi njanda

Just a few questions.

1. What driver are you using?

2. Can you leave them connected permanently to a charger to avoid recharging the batteries periodically?

3. How big is the blind that you are using? Just trying to understand how powerful this driver is since I will try to use it with a curtain.

Thank you

I’m using the driver from HERE

I have the solar panel connected permanently and have not had any need to charge batteries by any other means.

My roller blinds are 1.0 m wide with a 1.6m drop.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi njanda

Thank you.

I’ll be receiving Zemismart unit ( which I’ve already ordered) and let everybody know how is going. Nevertheless, your driver was more cost effective so for the rest of the house I may use your solution.

Have a great day

1 Like

These look like they are meant for blinds with pull straps. My blinds do not have these- they rise and fall by pulling or pushing the bottom of the blind. Will these handle that, or do you know of ones that will? Something like this: Smart Roller Shade Controller - Aqara.

Thanks!

Hi Michael, No the external motors I have rely on a beaded cord to act like a chain/cord to wind the blinds up or down.
What you linked too looks to be replacement for the "drum or cylinder" that the binds wind onto.
These would be much more likely to work BUT you'd have to ensure the correct dimensions (length diameter etc) and end cap fittings etc.
You'd likely have two options;

1. Need to unwind the blinds you have and reattach them to the new drum/cylinders
  2. The linked motors, fit inside of the existing drum/cylinders on your blinds

All the best