Best Smart Curtains?

Please let me know how you get on with this zigbee device, if you decide to buy it. I'm interested in this too!

From the pictures it looks like the zigbee unit doesn't have a plug, not sure how it's wired up!

It'll have a 3 prong electrical connection underneath the motor I suspect, like my Z-wave ones.

Edit
I guess not. It looks like you power the switch, which in turn powers the rail according to this video.

Messy! I'll stick to zwave.

1 Like

You could always bypass the switch and not use it?

I think he said the zigbee receiver was in that unit.

Ah, bummer :expressionless:

Thanks for the recommendation on these. They work and look great!!
I wonder if anyone has tried these yet with Hubitat? Looks like a new zigbee version and they are a bit cheaper than the Z-Wave ones.

1 Like

I'm glad you like them :+1: I'm almost a year in with mine now, and they've been working flawlessly :slight_smile: Its the only part of my hobby that the Mrs actually likes! :joy:

It looks like they have different ceiling fixings on that video, much nicer than the ones I have, maybe I'll see if they can send me some of those.

I just bought the z-wave zemismart curtains after reading this thread, they are very nice and work like a charm.

1 Like

Hi, any updates on the zigbee version?

I was ready to buy the zwave version but I noticed that my Fibaro Motion Sensors have very low range. If I close the bedroom door the signal is lost... I'm talking about 10m between HE and Fibaro, 1 (brick) wall in between.

Never had any problems with Hue (same distance - HE and Hue Hub are in the same spot) so I think Zigbee has better range. Today I bought a cheap Lidl Zigbee door/window sensor that works in the same conditions with HE.

What should I get? ZWave or Zigbee version of these curtains?

My vote is always for Zigbee. Same frequency globally so no danger of incompatible devices. No security issues, unlike all the horror stories on the Z-wave stack on the C7 hub. YMMV of course. But I'm personally a Zigbee fanboi.

1 Like

I have 2 of the newer Zigbee 3.0 motors and 1 of the Z wave version. Got them direct from the zemismart site. They both work great. I would say the z wave version is maybe a little quieter (small difference). The Z wave model works with the built in driver, which is nice but lacks some features("stop" function). The Zigbee model needs a community driver but has the "stop" function. The Zigbee model also seems to work well as a repeater.

2 Likes

He Gassgs!!

I just bought the Zigbee version, but i cant found a driver for it.

Can you please tell me which driver did you use for it?

Thanks
Andrew

Here is a link to the driver I modified for use with hubitat

updated link

Here is a link to a driver I modified for the zemismart Z wave curtain motor, for anyone that is interested. This one does support change level.

1 Like

I wonder why nobody recommend roller shade Ikea FYRTUR, they work on Zigbee. Ikea FYRTUR

Because this thread is about curtains not blinds, I guess.

I'd really like automated curtains, and it seems like Zemismart is the only realistic game in town. I just have concerns about the appearance of the silver mounting brackets, and the little couplers that hold different segments of the track together.

The brackets are pretty big and conspicuous. Does anyone who has these think it would be realistic to drill a hole through the top of the track and mount them to a ceiling that way, and avoid the brackets altogether?

Similarly, those couplers are a bummer and kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Any ideas on how to avoid them? Is there any way to order these such that you can get a large enough contiguous piece of track to cover the area you want (about 82" in my case)? Or perhaps mount them well enough that the tracks are sufficiently adjacent without the brackets? Or maybe only put some kind of coupler on the back side where it's mostly hidden? Or maybe order a few sizes up such that the tracks are larger than I need, then I can cut them to size?

Hard to figure these things out without looking at them in person. And doesn't seem many people have gotten or reviewed them, so trying to piece together via the few YouTube videos I've seen.

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking at this product?

You wouldn't have to do this. You could skip the side brackets altogether. The "ceiling bracket" attaches to the "side bracket". It's hard to see but the little tabs on the ceiling bracket lock into the top of the track when it turns. You could skip the the side bracket and screw the ceiling brackets to the ceiling. You would probably want to use a washer or something so that you can still turn the ceiling bracket.

I don't think there is anyway to avoid these. The largest piece is a little over 3 feet, due to packaging and shipping constraints.

I have four of these curtain motors setup in my home. Two of the window coverings had valiances that hide the Installation of the curtain rails. The other two, I built wooden valiances for. I can PM you some photos if you would like.

1 Like