Best Smart Curtains?

Ah ok thank you.

Hi. When people say that these smart blinds can be partially closed, does that include on just one side? E.g the sun slowly moves around the house and you just want to block the glare on one side initially. Is that possible with any of these? Also can you manually draw the curtains without the motor kicking in? Thanks

The Zemismart will close partially on both sides (think of it as a dimmer).
It also has a funky way of closing, if I tug either side the motor will kick in and close them for you, its the same for opening. But as the belt is motor driven, the motor is needed.

So just to be clear you mean it closes both sides at once? No option to do just a partial left side?
Sorry to split the atom, but I have some non home automation believers in my household that will want to still just drag the curtains open as they currently do.

Technically you could achieve this using just a single curtain, but not if you have curtains which meet in the middle or you’d need to use two separate tracks, and two motors I’m afraid.

You can partially close to any %, but it would close both sides yeah.

Ok thanks.

Do they come with the pieces needed for bay windows? I can see theoptions under window style but it doesn't say if they're included or you buy them seperately.

My manual cord just snapped so a good excuse to upgrade to motorised!

Ah, found them!

1 Like

Yeah, thats it. The 135 deg, works well. :+1:
Hey I thought you were a tight Yorkshireman? hahaha.

I went for the Z-wave version, I'm still impressed by them :smiley:

I am, that's why i'm looking at the cheap Chinese stuff :slight_smile:

Are the 135 deg corners in packs of 2 or just 1?

Packs of two mate :wink:

They come with remotes too, but ask for the one in the pics, as they are nicer.

I complained I didnt get one, and they sent 3 :slight_smile: One for each I'd previously ordered too.

Yeah there's an option for 'remote' and 'wall remote'. I'm guessing 'wall remote' is the square one, looks like the better option.

1 Like

There's another version too, looks like it's just wifi controlled rather than z-wave.

£30 per set cheaper too. If you get a Broadlink RM, you could still have them controlled via HE. I just went for the easier option, and got them connected directly to HE.

What would the Broadlink RM do, not heard of those. It sounds like the Harmony Hub but for RF, is that right?

Z-wave does look to be the simplest option though!

It can learn the IR codes of the remote, and also integrates with HE now thanks to this dev.

1 Like

Sorry also forgot to say the the RM Pro also does RF frequency too. I tried it with my old LightWaveRF devices and it worked :wink: Mines been sat in its box since I bought it nearly 3 years ago :smiley:

I think i'll go for the z-wave option, is the driver built-in to HE

1 Like

Yeah just the standard Shade driver.

1 Like

Not got one yet! Tempted by the zigbee version as I have no other z-wave devices and it's a bit cheaper!

Do you think this driver will work for it?

I would reckon so :wink: