Best siren?

I'm looking for a Siren. It should have mains power + battery backup, a chime (maybe more than one), siren and strobe.

The Aeotec Siren Gen 6 looks nice but it's not available yet. They said 2018 but we are almost at year's end.

Any suggestion?

I'm unaware of any sirens that fit your criteria.

• vision siren: siren and/or strobe, mains/battery, but no chime
  • dome/zooz: siren and/or siren/strobe, chime, but battery only
  • aeotec gen5: siren/strobe, mains/battery, but no chime
  • zipato siren: siren, chime, mains/battery, but no strobe (unless you count a blinking red light that's difficult to see)

If mains power is important and you can live without a strobe then I recommend the Zipato Siren. It has something like 5 siren sounds and 2 chime sounds. Warning,.. out of all the sirens I've worked with it's the most difficult to manually shut off and its' really loud.

Considering that their NanoMotes and GEN 6 Bulbs haven't launched yet I'll be surprised if the Siren 6 or Doorbell 6 launch before the end of the year.

1 Like

I had one of these Chuango Siren/Strobes lying around and I've modded it for dry contact (relay) activation and dry contact (resetting).
I've got those functions working manually and just have to wire in a Zwave or Zigbee relay board to control it from HE.
It's 12v Powered, has battery backup, Siren and Strobe.

I would put literally zero faith on anything that’s listed on the aeotec website as “coming soon.” In the past they’ve repeatedly added product pages to their site over a year before the product is actually launched.

1 Like

@krlaframboise thanks for the roundup! I think I'll go for the vision

Make sure you read the production description carefully before you buy it because there are about 6 different versions of it and only one of them supports mains power with battery backup...

1 Like

seems to be the 1602 which is not available with amazon.
ok, let's drop a requirement and try the dome

I've got a Neo CoolCam siren/strobe which seems to be rebadged as Dome outside of Australia but it's tiny and the chimes/tones are very cheap sounding, which is why I resurrected the Chuango Siren.
It's the diameter of a Corona bottle. :slight_smile:
It does however have a micro-usb port so can be mains powered as well as battery powered.

1 Like

Why not just get a small battery backup like this APC unit?

1 Like

LOL @fpstassi, that doesn’t help him with the battery powered DOME units.

Who woulda thought it’d be so hard to find a decent Battery/Mains powered Siren/Strobe ??

and it's even worse if you try to find a ZigBee one :smiley:

I've purchased this one: http://www.heimantech.com/product/153.html
It's not clear if it's Zigbee or Z-Wave, seems both, I'll let you know...

This one seems interesting too:
https://www.qivicon.com/assets/Products/Bitron-Home/Aussensirene/aussensirene-902010-29.pdf

It's zigbee.... Says so on the last page of the manual you posted.

1 Like

Exactly what I was going to say :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are two different siren:

The one described as Zigbee and Z-Wave is Heinman HS2WD, and I've purchased it for around 40 Euro.

Second one (easier to find here in Europe) is Bitron 902010/29 and is Zigbee only: seems nicer and better overall, but it's around 150 Euro.

That's interesting....the device you linked to says it requires 220v but it is shown with a US style AC plug on it. Huh...that's odd.

When I've been in China, they have the US plug but with 220V, so I think it's for them

It might be a while before it's available, but the Aeotec Siren 6/Doorbell 6 is worth the wait.

I can't divulge any details, but I will say that I've tested and written a handler for it and the device is capable of doing everything I've always wanted a siren to be able to do...

2 Likes

Siren 6 looks good. Of course that doesn't matter if no one can buy it...

1 Like

Says coming in 2018 on the product page. But with aeotec’s track record that means maybe it won’t even be released in 2019 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

1 Like