Best Fibaro Dimmer 2 driver?

Correct.

Nope.

Sorry what error? I don't believe I have seen any errors, I just didn't work.

Side note due to needing to exclude them I created a group with just that device in and out that in all my rules. Saves me doing it again as only have to change it in the group's app.

1 Like

Even when the standard s1 load switch was working, the logs still showed the error:

This is what autom8 and jason-lane were saying above about the error.

Not seen this no. I'll take a look. When did you last update the driver? It doesn't have versions but it has some comments and dates on.

Installed the Fibaro Dimmer and ericm driver both today. Excluded and re-included the Fibaro Dimmer a bunch of times, using secure and insecure, the standard driver and the ericm driver.... couldn't get rid of that error or get s2 to work when using the ericm driver.

Thanks for the info mate. Good to compare as It's been so long since I had it set up and working the way it should. Can you remind me? Should there be a child device for s2 when using the ericm driver or is it just as simple as setting a button push for button 2 on the Fibaro Dimmer?

It doesn't create a child device (I think it probably should if it gets fixed/ re done).
It just creates events depending on the switch you use i.e if momentary then the 1st input creates button 1 pushed, held and double tap. Input 2 creates the same and input 3 pushed is input 2 triple tapped. So currently you add the device to RM button controller or the button controller app and fire things from the button events.

Ok.... so a bunch of things not right. I excluded,
Fibaro, factory reset, deleted ericm driver, re-included Fibaro and ran a few tests.

Using the standard driver everything works as per normal (but obviously no s2 control).

Switching to the ericm driver and leaving default settings, immediately see the error discussed above. Only receive log entry if triggering from within the device, if triggering from the physical switch, receive no log entry... weird. Standard driver logs entry from both.

Although in the parameters of the device when using the ericm driver it shows buttons: 3. It will not allow use of any buttons when testing with a virtual button, and won't show any log entry for a physical button in s2.

....and even stranger yet... I am using toggle switch at this house, opposed to momentary. By default the driver is set to momentary, but I can control as per normal with a toggle switch. If I change the setting in the driver to "Toggle" it causes all sorts of problems.. pressing "on" within the device turns the light on for a second and then goes off. Pressing "off" then turns it on, but it flickers and seems to go into overload. The only way to then get it to work properly is to exclude the device and re-include and use the standard driver.

Using the latest Hubitat version, the ericm driver that is currently on github (updated 9 months ago).

Wow, you really are having a bunch of strange issues. I wonder if our device firmware versions might have any relevance? I've just done a firmware check on one of mine using the Basic Z-Wave Tool, shown below. Is this the proper way to check it? (The Data section of the device page just shows firmware: null)

dev:1372020-05-24 21:41:48.578 infoVersionReport- applicationVersion:3.4
dev:1372020-05-24 21:41:48.575 infoVersionReport- zWaveProtocolVersion:4.5

I think I only see physical switch log entries from Eric's driver if I enable debug logging. Info logging didn't seem to show my physical switch actions. Did you have debug logging enabled the whole time?

What firmware version are you on? Mine is 3.5

I meant to check the firmware of the Fabaro with Z-Wave tools but I've just got it all working and now too scared to touch it.

For some reason I had to set the 'switch functionality of s1 and s2' to "Switched". Really odd as they are definitely wired correctly. Once I did this, everything was logging correctly, I could change from momentary to toggle and use of s2 worked.
I still receive that line error as stated above but it doesn't affect things working (I don't think it did before either).
Thanks @BorrisTheCat and @jason-lane for the input.

2 Likes

I remember that bug being introduced when a Hubitat firmware update was rolled out. I didn't have time to look into it and it didn't seem to be affecting the functionality.

Thanks for the response Eric. Have you seen the issue with having to switch s1/s2 inputs to use toggle and s2 functionality?

I haven't, but I don't really use this device anymore. I have a bunch from when I did so I can still bust them out and test them when I get a chance, but I don't remember anything like that when using them.

1 Like

I have had this issue too and believe it or not, if you change the switch type to “roller blind” it solves the problem and still works as a momentary switch.

Would be great Eric if you can at some point get round to amending the driver to resolve the error in relation to the fw issue at line 60 of the code I think from memory. I would love to have the knowledge to do it but bow to your greater knowledge and expertise :pray:t3:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay. Can you check the driver in Github to see if it resolves the issue?

Seems to be working great. Just a minor issue in the log...

Oops, didn't test the duration. This should be fixed now.

1 Like

I am new to hubitat and will be using fibaro dimmer 2 mainly (mostly together with bypass 2). I am using ericm s driver which works well (just figured out how use S2 inputs). I have noticed in the screenshots in this thread that there is no parameter 13 in any of them (not in the driver but "currentProperties"). And i noticed that my fibaro is v3.5 and maybe parameter 13 is new.

My problem is that sometimes when manually turning the light on/off it loses calibration which means that i need to physically press the button on the fibaro. And the auto calibration which is able to trigger when removing power to the fibaro is as far as i understand only calibration without bypass 2.

So my questions:

I am wondering if anyone with knowledge and maybe some time to spare could update the driver with parameter 13. To force an auto-calibration of the fibaro with and without bypass 2. (Or if there is another solution to my problem)?

I am also wondering why setting 49 doesn't show up in my "currentProperties", does this mean my fibaro does not have it (OVERHEAT (critical temperature) and VOLTAGE DROP (low voltage) alarm report)?

Best Regards

Stefan Larsson