Beginner Trouble Adding First Device

Just bought my first C7 off Ebay and I also bought a Minoston MP31ZP off Amazon. I was able to pair it but it doesn't show any state and when I try to update the device Type I get a 500 error. Not quite sure what is going on. My hub and zwave driver are on the latest, 2.3.8.124 and 7.18.1 respectively.

I can't include links or pictures yet so here's some copy paste.

Stats Status Actions Device Class Device Security Route
0x0c (012) PER: 0, RTT Avg: 8ms, LWR RSSI: 20dB
Neighbors: 2, Route Changes: 1 RefreshRepair GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY
NIE Technology Co., Ltd [Outlet ] None 01 -> 0C 40kbps

Error 500

Something went wrong

If you are seeing this screen repeatedly, please visit .

Welcome to the platform and to the community. There is nothing that you are doing wrong. Seems that 2.3.8.124 has a bug being seen by many, on most if not all devices. Just wait a bit and the elves will issue a fix.

See this thread.

3 Likes

If you go to settings tab and do a check for updates, the hub probably will let you to downgrade to the previous release. There is a warning about it being a downgrade, but it should be no issue to do so.

I would do so until they fix this bug in 2.3.8.124 release.

3 Likes

Thanks both of you! I ended up downgrading and was able to modify the device type after to make it functional. Appreciate the quick reply

3 Likes

Welcome! If you join the "Owners" group here in the community (in your user profile settings), that'll enable posting screenshots. It's just a measure to cut down on bot-related new-account spam & shenanigans.

3 Likes

Glad you were able to work around. Now you can upgrade to .125, which was just released that fixes the problem you encountered yesterday:

2 Likes