Before I throw money in the pit - Can you let me know if my many devices are compatible before I purchase a hubitat please?

Hahaha....when is it ever enough??

1 Like

Are 868mhz devices available on HE?

Zigbee, z-wave (in several countries) , some wifi natively (as long as it's local and not cloud based). There are lots of integrations and as long as an open API is available one can be written for just about anything.

1 Like

Z-wave operates at 868 MHz in the EU.

2 Likes

Great thanks so hopefully they should work as well!

Make sure they are specially marked as zwave.

Zigbee channel zero (0) is also at 868 MHz, and is used in Europe for wireless sensors associated with security systems. Zigbee at this frequency is not supported by Hubitat.

2 Likes

Assuming you mean nest, but I have this. It's a community app and you need to buy a developer licence $5 it's a bit fiddly but once done you can bring in everything apart from the nest protects.

1 Like

I thought that on the UK version of hubitat it would be supported?

They are PIR wireless sensors from an old alarm system and called
visonic next t dd mcw 868

Not supported. They're not z-wave.

1 Like

Ok thanks, how can you tell?

I googled "visonic next t dd mcw" to see if they were z-wave.

6 Likes

Would I be able to use my original Xiaomi mi home gateways as a speaker/alarm/light/repeater? I have 2 of these

Definitely not as a repeater. Those gateways are hardware configured to be zigbee coordinators, not repeaters.

There may be a way to use them as alarm/light using something like Node-RED or Home Assistant.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Do you know how I could do that please?

I think incorporating the mi home gateway into Home Assistant or Node-RED might be a little off topic for this community site. I mean no disrespect of course but those respective communities might be better suited and able to help with that.

In terms of bridging the Hubitat with those platforms - you can use these awesome community contributions:

2 Likes

HA sometimes. Depends on the gateway. Largely not worth the effort and false triggers though. Best to buy a dedicated Z-Wave or Zigbee siren, or a dedicated alarm system.

1 Like

So hub has arrived which is great but the aqara sensors are not listed.
What's the easiest way to add the drivers or things I need to get them to work please?
Does anyone have a step by step guide I could follow for aqara please?

I did a search and for example found a driver for the Motion Sensors: [RELEASE] Aqara / Xiaomi Motion Sensors driver

Here is how to install a custom driver: How to Install Custom Drivers | Hubitat Documentation
You will want to install the driver before pairing it, especially with Zigbee stuff.

Here is how to add a device: Add Device | Hubitat Documentation

2 Likes

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.