Battery reporting 200%

@mike.maxwell

I picked up these iAlarm Zigbee 3.0 water sensors -
https://a.co/d/6ST2WOp

Driver: Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp)

They are reporting Battery: 200

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0001,0003,0500,0000", outClusters:"0019,000A", model:"TS0207", manufacturer:"_TZ3000_kyb656no"

Edit: I just re-paired them (without removing them) and they were each found as an existing Zigbee device, I hit configure, and battery changed to 100. Possibly because they originally paired as unknown type (joined as "device"). Even after changing driver and hitting configure, they showed 200, but re-joining them (with correct driver already selected) seemed to get it sorted.

2 Likes

thanks I'll get that fingerprint added.

3 Likes

Hey @mike.maxwell, I havent had a battery report in over a week with all 7 of my TR contact sensors using the Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp). I don't think that's normal?

Chad

I do not know what type of moisture sensors you have, but in order to conserve battery life, many of these devices are designed not to report battery life routinely. I guess the designers assume you will rarely have a leak, so they try to make the batteries last a couple of years by only checking in occasionally.

With moisture sensors, you should always test them in water every few months to make sure they are working. If your sensors turn off your water supply, be sure to pause that rule before testing. Of course, with at least one water leak sensor, you should allow the rule to turn off the water to test that actuator as well.

Whoops my bad, it's a contact sensor, Third Reality. 3RDS17BZ I just changed the post to reflect.

Big difference, contact sensors should report.

Hey @mike.maxwell after removing all the sensors and rejoining them they are all now reporting the correct battery level.
Here they are reporting all 100% or below, so that's great

But....Only report on initial startup, no battery reports since. Could it be the new firmware 30? They reported daily on the old firmware. I still wonder if the new firmware is only sending a report on battery value change. Here is one of the sensors over the last week of a window that wasn't opened since I upgraded the firmware last weekend.

Here is another that I removed and reinstalled the battery just moments ago and the battery level came right in.

I've done some reading in the forums, and have to wonder if the right firmware is being applied. Have a look here, these guys are on version 31. Should mine have update to 31? Any way to confirm this?

1 Like

Mine still report's at 200. Not sure how the driver works? It should be default to the standard if for example there are some catches in there for devices that don't comply.

After selecting a new driver, be sure to press the configure button on the device page to activate the new driver.

Have you updated the firmware? Mine were still reporting 200 while I was on the firmware version ending in 1F. This firmware is working well for me now.

I have 8 of these sensors.
5 on FW version 31 all report battery 100 or below every 12hrs
2 on FW version 21 alternate between 100 or below or a value I believe to be +100 higher than actual. Reports are every 12hrs
1 on FW version 30 reported initial value of 100 and never reported again.

I'd like to get the 2 on 21 updated but not to 30 which apparently is identified as the latest FW. I'd also like to get the one on 30 reporting again. Not sure how to go about this.

Thanks @zerosum74 very valuable information.

This @mike.maxwell , when I updated my firmware it went to version 30 not 31. Seems to be the source of some discrepancies.

What version is your test contact sensor on? How do we get version 31?

If i had to guess, newer devices are likely shipping with 31, and the latest we have received from them is 30...

I'd say your right Mike. I have a couple new ones I ordered from Amazon last week and haven't joined yet, will check them out and see. Hard to say what you will get from Amazon, might not be the latest.

@ThirdReality can we get the latest firmware to Mike?

I have sent the latest firmware to mike.

4 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply @ThirdReality

@mike.maxwell Let us know when we can try and upload the new firmware. Also, is it just the Contact Sensor, or other devices as well?

latest firmware files have been uploaded!, these include:
water, contact, motion, blind and the switch.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks Mike. I'll try it out and report back.

1 Like

Are change logs provided for these firmware updates?

Never sure what to expect from these devices.

I updated a motion sensor from 33 to 34 hoping to see battery reporting at a regular interval which I never had on 33 (but did on 21). To my surprise though, the motion "cool down" time decreased from what was around 20 sec to 4 sec. I'd prefer to have 20 back or even higher. Still waiting to see if battery reporting is back.

I also updated a contact sensor from 30 to 34 in hopes of restoring battery reporting. Still waiting on this one as well.

Both devices show initial battery level at 100 after fw update so that's good.

none are provided to me.