Bathroom Lights with humidity

Hi guys, on my second evening of switching over all of my devices from Smartthings and enjoying the steeper learning curve, but I've come across an issue with the lighting app I can't figure out....

I can automate the light perfectly when I have it set as bathroom motion sensor active, turn on the nano switch, turn off lights when motion is inactive for 5 minutes. However, when I add in limit turning off when the bathroom Humidity sensor is equal to or greater than 80%, the automation won't run at all, as in walking into the bathroom there is nothing. I can't even upload an image or link to what I'm doing for reference due to being a newbie. Also of note, when in the apps screen, bathroom Lights under room lighting always stays as active. Current bathroom Humidity is 54%.

Any help on this one and likely point out the obvious to me!

Join the owners group so you can post an image: Hub owners - Hubitat

I think if you go to: Hubitat
and join the Owner's group, that may take care of the posting limitations.

Thanks very much for that, image attached.

And to confirm my hub is set to day mode. Also, when nothing is set under limit activations I still have the same issue.

ALso to add, if I leave the bathroom and turn the light off at the switch, would this prevent the automation from running again until the 5 minute motion cooldown has finished? I just noticed in app page under lighting, it was no longer active and bang, the lights turned on when i walked in. I left the bathroom, flicked the switch and its still showing as active.

EDIT: Finally figured it out!! You have to set it to activate even if already partially activated. I was making so much progress tonight but this one totally stumped me for over an hour. This certainly is a journey!

1 Like

Check this for some advanced examples of what I have setup for my bathrooms. Includes full details of what each setting is doing.

And here is the 1/2 bath with no bath fan included.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.