Bathroom Humidity

With my weewx driver, I actually have a ā€˜poll internalā€™ command
This mapped the internal temp & humidity to the ā€˜standardā€™ attributes of temperature & humidity.
This means instead of the normal external values when this button was clicked (or a command sent from RM or some other app) then the internal values would be mapped to the external attributes.
This means it can be used by RM and my SSFan app using any internal sensors.

When I get around to sorting out my weewx driver, Iā€™ll look at adding some of the ambient stuff if itā€™s just another json call

Andy

1 Like

Thanks. I think this is definitely something specific the Ambient Weather. RM also tries to use its external humidity.

@bravenel How can I force RM to use Humidityin (Indoor Humidity) from an Ambient Weather station instead of Humidity (Outdoor Humidity)?

Doesn't look like RM allows attribute selecting which is a shame.

Correct. All of its attributes are baked in. It's on the list to look at providing selectable attributes, essentially custom capability/attribute selection.

2 Likes

You can't. See above.

1 Like

In case it helps, here is how I do my bathroom vent fan automation in RM. Works perfectly for my needs - no more fogged mirror from my wife taking long, hot showers before I get in the bathroom.

Obviously this method only works if you have more than one humidity sensor in your house, so you can use one as a baseline.

2 Likes

That only helps if you have another indoor sensor to use. In @SmartHomePrimer case he only has one indoor sensor and was looking to use his indoor Ambient console to provide the other humidity value too get a relative reading.

He is trying avoid ecobee because it seams to slow down the hub now.

Where is the ambient weather driver?
It should be very easy to add the bits I previously posted about.

Andy

1 Like

He is using my fork

Fantastic. Thanks so much. Here it is.

Give me a few mins to make a coffee.
I just got back from the theatre and have only just taken off my suit.

Iā€™ll have a quick look now

Andy

2 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™m in no rush.

Is this a parent/child??

Not to compete, but I have an app that looks for a rise on a single sensor. If it rises x% it turns on, then turns off when humidity gets close to where it started. Let me know.

2 Likes

child

Child.

Obviously, I have no way to test this as I don't have the device and I'm not sure how the app will react to me tampering with the driver.

You now have two extra buttons on the device page

If you click 'set internal' then the internal temp & humidity should show as the standard temperature and standard humidity attributes

Click 'set external' and it should go back to normal

https://github.com/CobraVmax/Hubitat/tree/master/BETA/Ambient%20Weather

Let me know how you get on guys

Andy

EDIT: You will probably need to click refresh for the values to show up (or they might even need to change )

1 Like

At the moment it's not the app that is the problem
@SmartHomePrimer needs to map internal temp & humidity to the standard external attributes.

Unfortunately, what I have done should, in theory, work but I have no way of testing it or seeing if the app complains about anything I've done in the driver.

Andy

3 Likes

@SmartHomePrimer let me know if that works