Basic Rules Restriction by a switch Issue

Basic Rules using switches as a restriction aren't switching between restricted and vise versa when turning the switch on/off. They appear to work fine the first time you turn the restriction switch on and then off but any other subsequent on/off does not cycle the restriction as if the event subscription is broken.

Also seeing errors when using sunrise/sunset offsets as restrictions like some other users have posted. 2.2.6.140

Other than that, great app!

Yeah, this one snuck by in 2.2.6.140 unfixed. Fixed in upcoming 2.2.7. I will look into the switch restriction issue.

Thanks! Fun app to come up with...

1 Like

It appears to me that they work, but that the display of the app in the Apps List is not correctly displaying the restriction state. Bug found -- disable switch state change not updating app name to include "Restricted". Fix in next release.

2 Likes

It's definitely more than just the display of the app name that's not updating correctly. I set up a test rule using dummy devices just to confirm it and the rule will execute regardless of state of restriction switch. If I open the app and then restrictions and hit done it will work again but only for one cycle of the restriction switch.

OK, I will dig a bit deeper. Skin deep definitely had a bug...

As far as I can tell, it works as expected. I banged away on it over and over; correct each time.

I was able to narrow it down. The test rule I set up was when "test trigger" turns on, turn on "test switch" and wait until "test trigger" turns off and turn off "test switch" restricting if "test restrictor" is on. I removed the wait until and it works flawlessly. Shouldn't the restriction still work even if a wait until is used?

Ah, nice catch! Yes, it should work. Fix will come in next release.

1 Like