Baldwin Lock w/Schalage FE599/BE369

The instructions look serious. I have a lot of technology behind me but little programing is my weakness

Nah it's step by step instructions. Very easy to do... Just need to use a windows pc.
The only other option is to reset the z-wave radio on hubitat and factory reset each and every device in your mesh and re pair it. Any time you have a failed pairing, you need to check for a ghost and remove it, then factory reset the device and attempt pairing again. It's an issue with the SDK from SiLabs, NOT hubitat.

1 Like

K, the stick should arrive tomorrow. Another question back to my original problem regarding my door lock. Is there a way to control the routes that a device take to get to the hub?

1 Like

Nope. I mean z-wave in general is going to take the best route it can find. (Most times) You can insert repeaters into the mix to try and help it. Or you can do @lewis.heidrick Antenna mod which in most cases devices will just go straight to the hub.

1 Like

Wow that looks like real cool I need that. I have a 6000 sq foot house and planning on adding more. Please tell my the how to on Antenna mod

Lewis does the mod as a service. If you're handy with soldering, you can tackle it yourself.

1 Like

I would assume that your antenna Mod eliminates the lag in the Z-wave devices

I am not good at soldering, Did you do it or have Lewis do the work? And how can I get in touch, I am willing to pay if it improves the range and decreases the lag

You can just PM him.

I did it myself because I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron. Several folks have gotten Lewis to do it and nothing but positive reviews. The downside is not having your hub while waiting.

Since you have a spare hub, you could send it and just migrate your devices after getting it back. Not sure how do-able that is for you though (like having devices in obscure locations).

1 Like

Just Search Lewis ?

Rlithgow1 tagged him in his post above. Click on the name and you should get a profile popup with a button to Message.

1 Like

Just understand it won't help your ghost issue and will void the warranty

1 Like

K, the ghost have been removed. However, my front door lock still have a bit of a lag. I have replaced the batteries and still no luck. But what is odd there is a Aetech C6 repeater which is 3 feet away from the door. Then I have my hubitat in the coat closet which is 6 feet away from the door lock. The route that the lock chooses is to go straight to the hub (6 feet away) and the signal strength is 40 kbps while others have 100 kbps
My thoughts are having Lewis mod my Hubitat and hopefully this will help.
What are your thoughts with the idea?

1 Like

Can't hoit! Z-wave can be weird some times. You can try doing an individual repair to the lock node to see if it eventually takes the route through the repeater. Though I have not had the greatest luck with the Aeotec's. I switched to the Ring v2 extenders and they've been great.

I don't know why, but deadbolts seem to only connect at 40kbps (maybe because of the forced security). So, that's pretty normal. I will say, any time I've added a Z-Wave lock to my mesh, it takes a day or two of not messing with it (I mean anything except using it normally) and they will start working without issue from there on out.

1 Like

That is interesting, so if yours is working then tell me on the device under Current States if it shows locked and you push unlock does it take time to update the current states to show unlock?

Reason being I am trying to use lock code manager and when I go to add a user it fails. If you have any input that would be greatly appreciated

Would you mind sending the link to your device. I am willing to try any thing

https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Alarm-Range-Extender/dp/B07ZB2VP4K/ref=sr_1_2?crid=FSMKFF8CWL6G&keywords=ring+v2+extender&qid=1661094888&sprefix=ring+v2+extender%2Caps%2C72&sr=8-2

Oh and it has battery backup on it. So you can use it as a notification trigger when it goes from mains to battery.

cool, I would assume that you would add it to your hubitat and hopefully the door lock will route through it then to the hub?