Baldwin Lock w/Schalage FE599/BE369

For my setup I have a Baldwin lock with the Schalage FE599/BE369 Z-Wave and 3 feet from that is a C6 Repeater.
I am attempting to use the Lock Manager un-successfully. But what is strange is that I can create a code inside of the Lock Manager and it will fail. Then I go the door and use the code that I created successfully I am able to unlock and lock the door.
The Lock does not route through the repeater instead it goes to the Hub Directly and there is a lag.

Please advised

Welcome to the Hubitat community!

With Schlage (maybe all locks?) you can't read existing codes on the lock. You have to erase all the codes, and start over using Hubitat to add the codes. Did you try that?

Not sure what that is? What brand?

There is almost no way for users to control routing. You might get lucky by trying to include the lock again near the repeater, or trying a repair on a particular Z-wave node. You could also try moving the repeater. But it is often pretty futile trying to force what you perceive to be the best route. Lots of times Z-wave routing makes no sense to us, but does to the mesh for some reason.

Please screenshot your Z-wave Details page (all the columns on that page) and post it here. You may have to join the Owner group Hub owners - Hubitat to have permission to post pictures.

1 Like

Here is my Z-Wave Details page

The Brand of the C6 is Aeotec and I have cleared all the codes and re added to Hubitat no luck

Hi Gayle - Unfortunately, you have 8 ghosts. You need to remove them before proceeding.

BTW, you're the first Gayle I've encountered since my childhood, when my best friend was "Gail"!

2 Likes

0xOB for example, and the other ones that say "Discover". They are incomplete or failed pairing of other devices. 0x0B is probably from 0x0C device failing to pair the first time.

Click Refresh, and see if a Remove button appears. Click Remove and hopefully these go away. Sometimes these ghost are tough to remove, but try these basic steps first and see what happens.

2 Likes

Yep there are not a lot of people with my name . You are correct about the ghost they are hard to remove. What if I don't remove will it effect my front door lock?

It will affect your entire mesh, not just the lock.. They need removed.

2 Likes

I have been trying by selecting the remove button and it is not removing them. Is there another way to force remove them

You have to power down the device that created them. As long as that device is still powered up you will not be able to remove them like that.

Choices:

1: Power down device that caused ghost, power cycle (don't just reboot) hub. Remove

2: Take hub to somewhere else out of range of your home (friend's house) power up. Remove.

3: Use a z-wave stick paired as a secondary controller to HE and use the SiLabs software to remove.

3 Likes

K, I will take to work in the morning and log in and attempt to remove the ghost and let you know

2 Likes

All 8 of them need to go... Your z-wave table is mess :frowning:

At work and powered up and still not able to remove. I am not clear on the Z-Wave Stick but I have a second Hubitat in a box

You need a z-wave stick. Zooz has a good one. If you're at work though you should be able to hit refresh on those lines until the remove button comes up. When you click remove, wait and see if a popup comes to that said force remove

Also better to use a pc browser, not phone

Yep, using desktop tried multiple browser no luck the only thing I see is pending. still clicking remove

after you do that, shut down the hub, unplug at the wall (not the hub) for about 2 mins then power back up and try that particular one again.

If that still fails, you will have to follow these instructions.

You can use this stick

The instructions look serious. I have a lot of technology behind me but little programing is my weakness

Nah it's step by step instructions. Very easy to do... Just need to use a windows pc.
The only other option is to reset the z-wave radio on hubitat and factory reset each and every device in your mesh and re pair it. Any time you have a failed pairing, you need to check for a ghost and remove it, then factory reset the device and attempt pairing again. It's an issue with the SDK from SiLabs, NOT hubitat.

1 Like