Automation tips

I was creating an example and thus, since I was asking for the comparison to an OR, I thought it would be smart to include an OR in the example.

Yes, you're correct about the way I'd do it if I was doing it "for real" vs an example. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi April, Would you mind sharing how this was accomplished? That's a very interesting idea!

No idea!
I don’t use RM :slight_smile:

However, if you are a new user, how long would it take you to work that out?
I initially write my apps for my own use.
If other people find them useful fine, if not, use alternatives.

Andy

1 Like

LOL. Sorry about this @Vansmak. This is another thread where the community just started talking amongst themselves and kind of ignored the OP. We all mean well. Just passionate is all. :wink:

I use buttons in most places where I want manual control of lights. I'm not a fan of dashboards. They're not kid and wife friendly, at least not mine.

In regard to your question about adjustments and the state returning, check out the motion lighting manual. You can set it so that when you make an adjustment to a dimmer, it won't override your manual setting with a motion sensor.

Just a note if you were not aware, you can get to the manuals by clicking on the ? in the top right of apps.

1 Like

Hahahaha.. didn't know that. :slight_smile: At the same time, it's not a surprise.. so maybe the back of my brain knew that. :smiley:

Sure. There's a write up here. Search for modified QI charger. It's a lounge topic. I'd post a link but I'm on my cell phone.

[Edit] Now that I'm back at my computer. Here's that link @DeveloperDavidB

2 Likes

Alternative to Andy's excellent average all app, Motion Lighting, Simple Lighting, Rule Manager, Room Manager, all have the ability to setup multiple sensors per room, with Or conditions. Rule Manager can handle And conditions as well.

Plus, there's a native app called Zone Motion Controllers, which can be used to further customize how to aggregate the motion sensors into one condition for use in any native or custom apps.

Thank you April!

1 Like

I love the challenge :slight_smile:
Actually I find it quicker to write some code to do exactly what I want.
Nothing against RM - far from it, I think it’s brilliant.
I just don’t find a need for it now. I’ve pretty much written everything I need for my home automation.

Andy

1 Like

Don't mind me. Although I have made the forum much more lively with my new threads.

1 Like