Automating Smart Plug for Dashboard

I am using an Amazon Fire 7 as a wall mounted dashboard, plugged into a Kasa Smart Power Strip. I'm wondering if there is any way either through the plug or possibly through the Alexa app to turn it on or off based on battery level?? Or does anyone have a recommended timer setting for this? The only thing it runs is the HD+ dashboard app and occasionally streaming music

As a default, I would set a rule to turn the charger on every 6 hours for 1 hour and test from there. You can then adjust the frequency and duration to match your device's power. The only real advantage versus full-time charging is that the battery may last longer.

I do not think there is a easy way to obtain the power state from this device.

1 Like

You would need a third party app...

Tasker or even Full Kiosk Browser (with Fully Kiosk Browser Controller installed)

See post below for discussion

2 Likes

I understand your proposal. I have not found it to be useful to schedule charging times. I have had all of my HD Fire pads on continuous charging for over a year without any obvious problems.

1 Like

Thank you everyone

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.