Aussie Special offers

Hey Aussies,
I saw this special offer online today.
[PHILIO SMART ENERGY METER] $59.00
(Philio Z-wave Plus Smart Energy Meter | Capital Smarthomes)

Whether it is a GOOD deal or not, I cannot say as I've never used any Philio products but at over $100 bucks OFF it is a significant saving over the listed price of $165.00. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Worth a try. Energy monitors are pretty expensive for you normally. Nice find!

That’s what I thought so I grabbed one :point_up:

1 Like

Does it work with HE?

Dunno. I just ordered it last night. Lol
At that price I just took a punt.

1 Like

Same. Thanks for the heads up.

Mine still has not shipped. Anyone?

Same here. Grrr

Arriving today, says Australia Post

On another issue do any of you Aussies have any tips as to zigbee smart light switch without a LED light. I've been using the 3Asmart home switches, which are good but I don't want them in the bedroom with the LED light.

My unit just arrived at my office.
Hopefully I'll get sometime this weekend to try to add it to my system.
The User Manual is labelled up as PAB01 and can be found HERE if you're interested in reading up. :slight_smile:

The actual unit is labelled up as ZWBCSEM which is linked to Black Cat Control Systems but the actual manufacturer appears to be Philio Technology Corporation.

1 Like

@Somel posted this link; Geekrav Zigbee Switches
I haven't checked whether they're compliant with AUS/NZ though

I assume those energy meters are going to be the Australian zwave frequency? I’m in Australia but use the US frequency...

yes AUS/NZ freq.
Looking for a driver now.....

Hey Mike,
Just wondering if you've had more success than me getting these things to report back anything reliably ?

NO, have not even tried, or had the time. Looks like an electrician's job to connect it?

Did you connect it yet?

No not permanently. I figured I’d try to get it working before getting it finally wired up.
I’ve got it wired to a 3 pin plug and 1 clamp around the active core in a “jug plug” that’s powering a spare pc.

I've not been able to get anything working with this. It can read current and volts, but nothing on the watts. Anyone?

Also, can anyone recommend a Zwave dry contact device for opening a garage door? I can already open my garage door remotely, through my alarm (which has a dry contact wire to the garage door opener), but I'm not able to integrate it into HE.

I'd love to be able to say: hey google, open the garage door.
And Hey google, unlock the garage door (for opening the garage door and also disarming house alarm, which I can already do).

I've still not been able to get anything on this. Anyone else had success?

@njanda @braetonpearson1

Well.... I'm not sure what units I get out of it but I've assumed they're kw/h and Watts.
Certainly NOT volts as you mentioned you got .. [quote="mike, post:17, topic:8440"]
It can read current and volts, but nothing on the watts.
[/quote]

I have to move the HEM to a bigger load as the PC is not very powerful so its not sucking much. lol
I've borrowed an inline power meter off of a mate and I'm going to put that in line with the HEM as a comparison.
Not great though but it's something at least.
I was tempted to try @mike.maxwell's "Basic Z-Wave Tool" to see if we could unleach some additional parameters but I'd be going in blind as I've NO programming experience at all !

Note that the "clamps" are directional so if you're not seeing any data come in, try reversing the "clamps".