August Lock Struggles

Seems to be the latest, yes. I'm not blocking updates.

I just gave up and downgraded them all. Seems to be working fine. Just glad August Support allowed it. I did have to press them on it though.

I haven't forgotten about this thread. I'm currently on "undefined-1.59.0-1.8.4".. of the firmware. They have slowed down the "assistance". However, my frantic efforts I accidentally put device driver to generic z-wave lock and not using the August driver. In my case this worked flawless from a lock and unlock. However, this breaks the contact settings and doesn't pass the august sensor through. I sent them more logs that there are issues back on the 20th. Then I changed the driver it hadn't fail since then. I just set the back and I will let you know. I haven't forgotten either tied up or just not much to report back.

I just get the we cannot help you, good luck, Email from August support. I wanted to check to see if anyone has seen this with when pairing with S2. Has any paired this with S2? Or tried a different driver? Thanks.

I still think there may be an issue with driver and firmware. I got the c7 and this was worse than C5. Pairing was brutal and it took a long time. ( had reset the lock too). Wiping everyone out of the lock. Finally, when I did get the lock added to C7. August DHL didn't work at all. However, Generic Z Wave driver did. But it doesn't pass senor contact through the device. Though, the lock did work at least. I still have my ST and I might us Hubconect overcome all of this. Great on paper but in real world this stinks.

it is a known issue. and will be fixed in next release.

Thank you.

I have two things that have done with very good results. Resetting the lock seem to resolved a lot of issues (do doing all the inclusions again too). Plus, I have setup the hubconnect to ST (WIFI August). So, this looks very promising.

@jsarcone have you tried the latest hubitat firmware? the S2 issue is fixed.
I'm able to control the lock without any issue.
only concerns is that the battery shows 100%, back when I was using ST, it was below 100%, so not sure if it is the driver issue or the lock itself is reporting something fishy.

also since I downgraded my August firmware, door sense stopped working (not even in its own app).

I am guessing you have a C7 hub due to the S2. If so, does the August lock seem to be a lot more dependable on a C7?

so far, it seems fine.
Z-wave was broken for august in ST and they gave up z-wave and rolled out the cloud integration.

I downgraded the august firmware, and with the recent 2.2.3 upgrade, it worked fine so far.

@Chen555 @cjkeenan I haven't tried the C7 again since the update to 2.2.3.119. Once I had issues with the initial platform build, I moved it back to C5. However, in 2.2.3.119 on the C5 seems to be working well too. I'm still on undefined-1.59.0-1.8.4 on the lock. There are some security issues with All August locks and I'm expecting another update to come out. I want to move forward with the firmware. I'm using HubConnect with ST too, now, Basically, Z-Wave to Hub C5, with hubconnect to ST WiFi Bridge connection. Overall, it seems to be working consistently. It gives me a reason to repurpose the ST and if the Z-Wave fails, it gives me another way to get the lock to work.

Note, I do plan on moving this back to C7 with S2. I just haven't gotten there yet.

What is your Firmware build that you are on from August?

Thank you for your comments and reply.

1.59.0-1.8.15

It sounds like you might be on a newer version. I have look into this.

I am on UNDEFINED-1.59.0-1.13.2 and I think my issues were regarding my z-wave mesh and placement of beaming devices.

Any thoughts or optimism for getting August Pro 3rd edition lock connected to Hubitat again? I see the release notes for HE seem to indicate a new driver? I am not having luck. I have it connected to HE, but the lock and unlock don't sync up at all. Seems to be on a long delay (like 30+ seconds for it to update).

I have not reset my August lock though and started all over. I will do that next to see if this helps sync up the timing of the lock status. I also have not let the August lock go to standby mode to see if HE can operate the lock after 20+ minutes.

I have 2 of these that have been working without problems on 2.2.4 (C7).
The biggest issue (other than battery related) seems to be with weak mesh or lack of nearby beaming repeaters.

The inclusion process can be slow and take some time (i didn't time exactly, but seems it was perhaps a few minutes), so i recommend patience here.

If there are problems with messages, i would recommend a repair to ensure it gets the best route. Also, if you mostly use the hub to lock and unlock, sometimes manual lock/unlock can help the network routing.

Thanks for the tip and it seems to be working better now, meaning it is reflecting the actual state almost instantly, which is great. I also had an hour when no one opened or touched the lock (which usually means the August lock will go to sleep and only wake when someone uses the August app), but surprisingly, Hubitat was still connected to it!

Keeping all fingers crossed at this point. I surely hope this will work! Been a while since these have been talking to each other.

1 Like

@mcollins354 did you exclude and re-include our august locks? or did you do a mesh repair to fix the problem?

I did an exclude.re-include which seemed to work most of yesterday, but was having issues last night, with it not syncing up. It seems to work about 75% of the time, but can't seem to figure out the pattern when it gets off sync. For example, one door (I have two locks), didn't sync up. August app had this locked (which is was), but HE had it unlocked. I tried a few things through the app, than through HE, than manually, but to no avail. I was spacing my attempts out about a minute at a time to let HE "catch up" but HE never changed the status of the lock. Almost as if frozen. Then this morning, right as I am typing this, I tried to unlock than relock it, through the August app, and instantly, the HE changed the status to locked. So now they are syncing again.

Lots of detail, but not a lot of context, I know. I can try the mesh repair and report back, if you think that is helpful? If I am the only one having issues, that is a good thing, I assume.