August Lock broken communication

@Jayhead13 not sure if you have tried it. It's been working flawlessly for me for the past two days.

@Kenneth Thanks again for posting this! Finally have a day off to test this out. Unfortunately, with my initial testing, I can't get this driver to work. Locking/unlocking from Hubitat doesn't work, the lock/unlock status is inconsistently reflected, and the DoorSense status doesn't change when the door is opened or closed. I've tried the usual troubleshooting steps (restarting the lock, restarting the hub, excluding the lock, re-including it), and haven't had any luck. I'm on the C7 hub, so maybe there's enough of a difference between the C5 and C7 hubs to cause this driver to work on the C5 but fail on the C7?

Sorry to respond late, Jay, and thanks for trying. A lot of work-related stuff and Lunar New Year. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. I'm curious if you got a chance to capture the logs that you can share for analysis. Here are a few things:

1. DoorSense doesn't work for me either. I have a separate door contact sensor, so I didn't pay attention to it. But I think it can be fixed in the driver as I can see the status update from the device.
  2. I doubt it is C5 vs. C7, although I know anything is possible. I'm wondering if we are on different lock firmware versions. Mine is 1.59.0-2.0.4. but I'm not sure if this is the latest version. I didn't bother to update because it worked fine for me, and August's firmware update is a nightmare (I digress).

@Jayhead13 I think I know the problem. The driver doesn't handle S2 security. C7 uses S2 and C5 uses S0. Someone (me if I got time) needs add S2 security handling to the driver.

First of all, thanks @Kenneth for all the thought you put into this issue!

Second, I wanted to come back here and report on how things have been going for the past few months. I ended up creating a virtual lock system that takes inputs from the following two locations:

I then have a push notification to my phone that tells me which one actually activated the virtual lock system first. Currently, it's about a 50/50 split. . . sometimes the Z-Wave driver does it first, but other times the cloud driver works first. Having both methods has now increased the reliability of lock/unlock commands to over 99% when the cloud is available. If the cloud is unavailable, Z-Wave takes precedence and the reliability falls. . . but at least I can still control the lock without the cloud (albeit, less reliably).