AU/NZ Deals

Fine to post in here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, just wanted to alert you to these zigbee Nue downlights available on eBay for around $45 so that you don't waste your time and money on them like I did - I ordered a few and was very disappointed with their actual light output so I ended up picking up some Hue ones from Bunnings for $59 to test them and the outcome confirmed my suspicion.

I basically set both Nue and Hue downlights to colour temperature 5524k & held one of my Hue sensors close to each light to see what the reading was for illuminance.

The Nue is supposed to be 12W/720lm and the hue 7W/600lm but have a look at the outputs:

The Hue beats the Nue by 3,006 (whatever measuring unit Hubitat uses) - I reckon these Nue ones are around 500lm tops which is a bit of a scam so I'll be sending them back to the eBay seller on Monday.

3 Likes

Is yours the RGBW one? I got one of them awhile back to test. As it is RGBW the further away you get from pure cool white the lower the lumen as it’s not CCT like the hue ones. The 700 lumen claim is probably only true at pure cool white. You’d want an RGBCCT one rather than RGBW. Or just plain CCT like the hue.

It also looks terrible in warm white. Always buy only 1 to test out before ordering more. Mine is relegated to some back of the house light that doesn’t get used much.

Hey Ben, thanks for the reply.

Yes, that's correct, it's RGBW.

It makes sense now then - I just had no idea what the difference was.

Out of the 5 I bought I am keeping 2 which I'll be using in a pantry and a toilet as they'll do the job & I'll just use the 3 hue ones I got from Bunnings for the other areas - The eBay seller has agreed to take back the 3 Nue lights so it's all good.

Thanks for the heads up, been seeing this brand lately from the facebook marketplace too, was tempted to buy one; but luckily see your post.

I assume you all received the email with the discount code for the Hub. After discount and shipping added, the price is USD $148 (I think)

If anyone is looking for a Conbee for zigbee2mqtt this is a pretty good deal with free shipping.

1 Like

The Good Guys and Harvey Norman are selling Cygnett gear pretty cheap - I picked up some contact sensors and motions sensors for like $18-$19 each which work with the Sonoff drivers in HE.

2 Likes

Is Cygnett WiFi?

Zigbee

1 Like

Does anyone know of any decent wall mount cases for Samsung Tablets other than the VidaBox ones?

What wall switches does everyone have success with?

I need single gang, multiple gang, dimmers, and fan/light switch combos... basically looking to change over as many light switches as possible and eventually all the bulbs too, but right now focussing on the wall switches etc.

I've tried Nue brand and I'm having success mostly... and I've also bought a few Jinvoo / Tuya and have successfully put the Tasmota firmware on them, but not keen on Wifi based switches... aiming for a Zigbee network if possible.

So what's everyone doing?

I’m using Aeotec nano dimmers and switches behind Clipsal iconic switch plates with momentary mechs.

They are rock solid and look great.

I’ve just never found Zigbee switches to be worth the trouble.

1 Like

So you've found the z-wave devices to be easy to configure and network reliable? I've not read a lot of positive stuff about z-wave, but admit I've never had any 1st hand experience...

Also, the Aeotec and Clipsal combination isn't an economical solution, but if it is reliable and rock solid as you say, it would pay for itself... what about fan/light combos ??

Z-wave imo is much better than Zigbee (I have both), its range is superior as is its reliability. The only downside is cost - it's expensive.

Got a few Nue one's and they've been fine.

1 Like

Lockwood T-Lock Digital Smart Deadbolt Lock | eBay $129

1 Like

whats the general consensus with these lockwood deadbolts - thumbs up ?

Brilliant, well worth the money.

Bought 2 myself just recently.
Joined without issues and working perfectly!
No issues here!