AU/NZ Deals

Thumbs up from me also. They’ve been working great.

Switches behind Clipsal iconic switch plates? Can you please elaborate what switches you were referring here? I'm interested with ZigBee solutions that can do dimmer function at the moment

I’m using Aeotec nano zwave modules. There are no Zigbee modules like this to my knowledge.

THESE are just switches but can make use of the existing rocker switch, as backup.

Dimmer version HERE

1 Like

Interesting… RCM?

Dunno but it appears to be an Aussie based company so they’re responsible for the products they sell which is at least marginally better than buying off Alibaba etc. :+1:t3: :blush:

There’s even some without neutral !!

1 Like

Good to know!

The stichy modules are zigbee. bit pricy tho

Hey guys, I spotted this DEAL . today for Zigbee Water / Gas valves for under A$35 !

3 Likes

Did you end up getting any, Nic? I can't figure out how it works from the pics.

Works on ball valve taps. Basically turns it 90 degrees. Got it from AliExpress awhile back for around the same price but kogan actually includes the power supply.

1 Like

That's right, it works on a ball valve which I had to have fitted to the water main as I had the nasty old standard screw valve.
It works great using the inbuilt "Sinope water valve" driver.
I have it powered off a 12v 1.3AH battery charged off a small solar panel at the end of the drive out near the street,
I replaced the double GPO in my power board box with a ikuu Zigbee one and despite the power box being made of gal-Iron they all connect up to the hub just fine.
The hardest thing was getting a plumber to do such a small job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Nic. We're about to build a new house so I'm scoping for ideas for the build. It's the ultimate maker project. I get to scope whatever the hell I like (as long as I can afford it).

1 Like

Did you ever think about using a micro turbine to power the battery from the water flow itself? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No however that sounds interesting.

I’d be concerned that there’d not be enough regular flow of water from the mains to charge the 12v battery enough that I’m using, connected to the motorized valve & controller.

Seems like a good deal for the GU10, bear in mind this is a twin pack ambient white. $2.50 more than the equivalent Tradfri at the moment.

**** Deal now over was $45.64 for a twin pack, back to $71.34 now, keep an eye out though as regularly drops, this is the lost I have got them though ****

Cheers
Steve

2 Likes

I found this as well. I spent ages trying to troubleshoot my routine :joy:

Super price for local stock for a HE C7 here. $179 with free post.

1 Like

Looks like a decent zigbee filament bulb deal; I wonder whether it will work with HE.