At&ts outage reason?

My phone would not even register totally on their network which has NOTHING to do with the excuse that the outage had to deal with how calls are passed of to other carriers networks. Said data service disconnected and there was no 4g/5g/lte signifier and my wifes phone which was working (not 5g capable) could not text or call me or vice versa and obviously we are on the same carriers network!

Exaggerate much?

Where are you seeing a specific explanation from AT&T that definitively explains the cause of the interruption is, as you claim:

Please share the link.

i guess not their official reason.. but implied unofficial reason.

edited to not be so inflamatory.

So it’s not from an official statement by AT&T, but rather an unnamed “industry source” that someone at CNN spoke to?

ETA: Also what’s the definition of a “network” in that specific context? You’re assuming that means AT&T—>Verizon or AT&T—>T-Mobile.

Not according to Verizon and t-mobile statements earlier today.

From NY times covg.

1 Like

Fake News, all...but you know where I'm comin' from. :slight_smile:

not really because if phone is in sos mode which mine was it has nothing to do with handoff but with the fact that it cant register on the network correctly or fully.

my guess if i had to guess is some idiot changed some of the protocols or something about how phones register on the 5g bands and it propogated to all cell towers and fubared the system.. the fact that my wifes phone worked fine in 4g lte and also my att access pt (comcast network backup, also not 5g) was also working makes me think it was a 5g lte cell tower registration issue.

that would also explain something i read (cant remember where) that said they were fixing the issue and it was being handled one cell tower at a time.

I believe you, but either they were mistaken, or Verizon and T-mobile official spokespeople were mistaken, or possibly lying.

You wrote the words “other carriers networks,” which is not what the bullet point in the screenshot you shared said. It said “from one network to the next.”

I’m not a cellular network engineer, so I’m suggesting it’s possible that the term “network” could have one, or many other meanings, in addition to “other carriers networks.”

true enough but also as i said the fact phone were in sos mode really has nothing to do with however you define network..

Perhaps.

I’m not trying to be a dick here, it just seems like you’re making conclusions based off of assumptions, not verifiable information from reliable sources.

I can't imagine SOS really worked, did it?
Don't worry, though, the FCC is on it.
Follow the NY Times for narrative direction-are they with the CIA or FBI, I forget?
Like in the past, massive fine for missed 911 calls and then distribute proceeds to...well, you know.

1 Like

ya thats a much better article than cnn

1 Like

I’m guessing @velvetfoot doesn’t have a NY Times subscription…

There's the narrative.
"White House officials said the incident was under investigation, but it did not appear to be a cyberattack."

I'm guess you do.

1 Like

did you try to call att. i did once when i could not get wifi call working.. call you back in 10 hours and 7 minutes,,,, that was the hold time lol.

With what, lol?

You'd think their outage information page would have a little more info, instead of getting a map centered on San Fransisco, lol.

I realize their outage notification system isn't built for catastrophic circumstances, just the onsies and twosies, but geez, they could've cobbed something up to keep the plebes, I mean, their paying customers, better informed.

1 Like

actually not.. just for the wordle etc games but apparently i can read some articles as well.
sent u info offline.

i guess your phone and internet are both att or no voip phones... i have voip line callcentric..