Are there any black or brown Zigbee or ZWave plugs?

Does anyone make a black or brown plug, or all they all white? Need to have a plug visible, and white is just wrong (in this application).

I paint mine to blend in using paint from Michael’s or any hardware store.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any existing 3D printer projects specifically for this, but you could also use a one to create custom covers for your devices.

Or an alternative to painting would be to use brown electrical tape. Wrap it up and use a knife to cut slits for the prongs and button (if necessary), and cut out the LED opening.

I considered using my 3D printer to make a cover but the some sensor cases are too integral to the structure of the device to make this work easily. I have black doors so I painted all my contact sensors black and they look great. I had wood paneling in m old office so painted a smart plug brown but now my office walls are white so I no longer need that.

I needed a black Z-Wave plug for my kitchen (automate coffee brewing!) and found one supplier. Eaton makes one that's been working perfectly for two years. Not cheap, and couldn't find it on Amazon, but it's a good option.

Just found the order. Bought it from Lowes for about $50. Ouch. Now they are about $60. Ouchier!
Here: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eaton-15A-Z-WAVE-Plus-Tamper-Resistant-Receptacle-BK/5005451493

Thanks for this - but this is a receptacle, and I am looking for a “smart plug” - the doohickey that you plug INTO a receptacle that something then plugs into.
This might be a solution for another day - thanks again.

Ahhhh. Any white one PLUS Krylon Matte or Satin Black plastic paint for the win.

1 Like

Yes,

Expand Features & Benefits for the color change kit part numbers. You’ll have to buy it in white and buy the color change kit. I went for black, for my use case it was worth it.

Also you’ll want the beta firmware ASAP