Aqara wireless H1 double rocker switch

Let’s see if someone else has the same or similar Aqara switches and can share his experience,

The only thing that comes to my mind is to delete the device and pair it again as a new one. Now it should pick up the modified driver. Not sure if this will change anything, but you can try -hopefully the switch will be bound to the HE hub and will not broadcast on/off commands to all outlets.

I have tried to re-pair switch but still same, it broadcasts on/off commands to all outlets.
I have replaced driver strings back to as they were and switch now works again, but still only allowing single push from button 1 and 2.

What make/model are your outlets?

Sonoff S26R2ZB

https://www.aqara.com/eu/product/wireless-remote-switch-h1

This remote looks really interesting! Can you confirm your device is the WRS-R02 model?

EDIT 2022/09/07 : The modified driver test version will not work with Aqara H1 Double Rocker, so I have edited my post now and deleted the link.

Hi kkossev. Yes this is the remote switch

Hi kkossev

after updating driver and pairing remote switch, i do see the additional Preference .

If you select the momentary switches option and then clock on the Save button.
F5 to refresh the page and you should see two child devices, that could be turned on and off .. somehow,,, from the the double rocker switch.

Reading further on how this switch operates, I am less optimistic now that we can make it work in Hubitat, but lets try a bit more. Please read the factory reset instructions that I added to my previous post - remove the batteries, wait long enough, pair it to HE again.

I see the 2 child devices that have been created
When pressed, it switches on the goes off automatically after 1 second.
Still does not allow double tap or hold on parent device.

Have in mind, that at the moment it is unknown whether this ‘double rocker’ device can work in its full functionality in Hubitat or not. Troubleshooting it will take a lot of time and requires some experience in testing, reading logs, etc..

Have you considered setting up a Home Assistant? The time needed for this is comparable with the efforts to make this Aqara device and the other Tuya switch working for you. Both devices are already supported in HA / Zigbee2MQTT. Then you can use the HA->HE integration to bring these devices to Hubitat and use them in your automations here.

1 Like

Might be the answer

2 Likes

Let us know if you had success with Home Assistant using this switch, especially for dimming control (ramp up/down the brightness)

And sorry again for the unsuccessful experiment which resulted in turning all your plugs off :frowning:

Hello, no i do not have home assistant. I am using my sonoff bridge to run that switch.
Hopefully someone can write a driver to get it to work off Hubitat

I don't have one of these, but if somebody sends me one I'll have a crack at adding it to my driver.

I'm curious to see if they behave any better than the D1 type, though they're flippin' expensive and aren't available on the likes of AliExpress, presumably because they're not for the Chinese market.

1 Like

Beware, this switch has a mode where it broadcasts the switch on/off commands to the Zigbee network using the Zigbee Group Messaging default group #0. Some outlets and bulbs by default listen for incoming group broadcasts and will respectively be turned off immediately, without any command from the HE hub!

Noooooo!

1 Like

Hi!

Would there be any way to circumvent this ?
Like moving the devices to another group # ?

Cheers,
Sebastian

Now I think that the best approach is to have these Aqara devices managed by Aqara hubs and bring these to Hubitat via Matter Bridge. Aqara produces too many devices having too many 'specifics', it is very difficult to catch up supporting each individual device in Hubitat Zigbee specific driver... : (

1 Like

Yes, they are clearly not ones to stick to standards...

I could do that for my own devices but not for others, I'm a fan of Hubitat being the only device next to the router :smiley:

1 Like