AQARA Vibration Sensor model DJTLM (Lumi United Technology) - Driver/Pairing issues

I recently purchased and attempted to install an Aqara Vibration Sensor. I want to detect when the washer and dryer are done. I was able to get the two paired okay.

I installed the user developed VEECEEOH driver and it seemed to install fine and I was able to select it in Device Type field.

The Washer device seems to be working but the dryer device seems to be messed up somehow.

The washer device seems to be reporting correctly and displaying variables on my dashboard. It also seems to be reporting correctly to the device page.

State Variables

• requestedSensLevel : 2
  • currentAngleZ : 17.5
  • motionactive : 0
  • currentAngleY : 71.9
  • prefsSetCount : 1
  • currentAngleX : 4.4
  • currentSensLevel : 2
  • sensChangeRequested : false
    washerdryer

The Dryer device seems to be discombobulated:
Logs show the commands are being sent and the status indicates that the commands are received:
dev:14932021-10-25 11:54:12.523 am infoDryer: Sending request to set sensitivity level to High

dev:14932021-10-25 11:54:12.520 am debugDryer: Sending commands: [he wattr 0x4CC8 0x01 0x0000 0xFF0D 0x20 {01} {115F}, delay 200]

dev:14932021-10-25 11:54:10.395 am infoDryer: Sending request to set sensitivity level to High

dev:14932021-10-25 11:54:10.392 am debugDryer: Sending commands: [he wattr 0x4CC8 0x01 0x0000 0xFF0D 0x20 {01} {115F}, delay 200]

dev:14932021-10-25 11:53:11.000 am infoDryer: Sensitivity level is currently unknown. Please either use reset button mechanism or one of the Level command buttons to set the level.

dev:14932021-10-25 11:53:10.997 am infoDryer: Sensor is stationary

dev:14932021-10-25 11:53:10.994 am infoDryer: Configuring

The Dashboard tile cannot be configured correctly. When I attempt to use attribute similar to the washer, those options for motion, etc. are not available. Only device status and sensitivity.
Here is the Washer device attributes:
washer attribute
Here is the Dryer device attributes:
dryer attributes

Note that accel and motion are missing.

Any ideas on how to get this working appropriately folks?

I would also like some tips on the correct settings on the devide page so that this will report when vibration starts and ends. I ran a load of wash and it did not seem to detect the wash or spin cycles.

YapFlapper

I have a Aquara vibration sensor. I have it working with the Konke motion sensor driver. Try it and see if it works for you.

Can those who regularly use a vibration sensor comment on the battery life of their devices? Specifically, I'm wondering if the battery life is severely reduced by having the unit report vibration on a device that runs for an extended period of time. I'd like to use such a sensor on our backup generator to know if/when it's running. The Hubitat device, router and APs, Starlink system, etc., are all on a UPS (several, actually), so if the power goes put and the generator does not come on, I'd have a few minutes of power to be alerted to this. But the generator runs a test cycle each week for about 20 minutes, so I'd think that this would quickly reduce battery life if it's constantly sending out an alert. Thanks for any info/experience you can offer.

I use my vibration sensors on things like a safe, jewelry box, and silver chest, For those applications, the battery life is many months since the device is seldom triggered.

I do not know how that translates into battery life for the applications you intend. If you run the washing machine several times a week, I suspect you will need to replace batteries frequently. You might want to see if you can modify the device to run off an AC/DC power adapter. If you can solder electronics, the modification is not too difficult.

1 Like