Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1

So clearly you are trying or have already built an electricity self-sufficient and autonomous house for yourself. Which sounds very interesting and cool.

For me, a smart home is mainly a hobby. I try to come up with good solutions to make everyday life easier, and at the same time the solutions have to be such that my wife doesn't get annoyed. So everything has to work perfectly.

Omg we are all subject to wife/spouse approval nothing so damning as that eyeroll :slight_smile:

A big driver for the way I am doing this….

2 Likes

Hello guys! I'm using this driver for an Aqara E1 on my C7 and it has worked really well for me. That is up until two days ago.
I have suspicions that it could coincide with the update from 2.3.5.121 to 2.3.5.123 as everything was going great until then.
Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Nope, no change here.

1 Like

Removed the device, re-paired it and things started working again after a few hours.

How did you synchronize it?

1 Learning mode
After the device is installed, press the Up and Down button at the same time for 3 seconds until the indicator light turns blue, and then release it.

2 Set the fully open position
After deleting the rotating range, adjust the actual position of the shade to fully open by pressing the Up or Down button, and then press the Up button 5 times in succession. If the indicator light turns blue and flashes 3 times, it indicates that the setting is successful.

3 Set the fully closed position
After setting the fully open position , adjust the actual position of the curtain to fully closed by pressing the Up or Down button, and then press the Down button 5 times in succession. If the indicator light turns blue and flashes 3 times, it indicates that the setting is successful.

After setting the fully open and fully closed positions, the
synchronization is complete.

1 Like

I adapted the smart curtain motor driver to work with the Shade Driver E1. It's not perfect (first attempt at writing a device driver) but it does the job.

What works:

• Open
  • Close
  • Set Position
  • Getting current position (though it may lag, refresh does the trick)

Janky steps for installation:

1. Add driver to hubitat
  2. Pair shade driver
  3. Set device to "Zigbee - Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1"
  4. Click "initialize" on device page
  5. Follow Manual to set open and close positions on device
  6. (Without removing the device from hubitat) Hold the reset button to put the device in pairing mode again
  7. Run zigbee pairing again. It should find it as "previously added device"
  8. On device page, click refresh
  9. It should now work

No idea what happens if you invert the motor direction on the device, i just kept it at default and rotated the bead cord.

5 Likes

Driver works perfectly for me. Many thanks for that. :slightly_smiling_face:
Do you know if battery level is reported?
That would be useful for recharging.

I'm not sure, I'll have to tinker some more with it, I just got them myself a few days ago; just happy to have them open and close for now :smiley:

Do you know if this one would work on Aqara RSD-M01? That would be the Zigbee 3.0 version that can't be used with any driver at the moment.

that is for the RSD-M01. Works perfectly fine for me, I have 4 of them.

I still have this endpointId:s F2, which means the Zigbee 3 issue.

So it didn't work for me. Thank you anyway!

Maybe try removing them and re-pairing them. I literally have the same model and the exact same firmware version even, so it might just be a pairing issue.

I did that few times already but it didn't help. I have to try again tomorrow.

On your installation guide, what do you mean on point 7? By manually set the high and low point?

@mikkomattip were you able to sucessfuly pair the E1 roller shade to your HE hub?
With some other Zigbee devices where the F2 bug pops up, removing the device and pairing it again with the right driver has made the F2 endpoint bug disappear for me.

I think so yeah. It paired to HE and automatically it chose the Aqara Motion Sensor Driver but I changed it to the newest driver here.

I also re-paired it multiple times but didn't help.

So it still shows 'endpointId: F2' in the Data section?
I did not understand if you have ever completely removed the device from HE (by clicking on the 'REMOVE DEVICE' red button at the bottom of the device page) ?
Simply changing the drivers will not fix the F2 issue - you need to completely remove the device and pair it as a new one.

I just tried this and it works perfectly - thank you very much!

1 Like

I've been using the driver for about two months. Results are mixed. Command for open and close seem to work well. Voice commands through Alexa skill work too. Dashboard indications aren't so good. Shade is left open most of the time, but often device would show as closed. Remained that way even after refresh Sort of fixed the issue by changing the "null" default from 0 to 100. Not ideal but at least the dashboard generally reflects the shade start position. A partial close command seems to work with new position initially updating okay.
All in all, if I only use voice commands it's doing the job fine.
Can I ask, should the driver provide battery information? I'd love to have an indication of when to plug in the charger.
Thanks for your time and effort.