Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1

I have 12 running and they are doing great.

I always set them up using an Aqara hub, setup top and bottom, speeds etc.

Once stable, they get moved onto another hub to control them.

Ideally at some point they will come under Hubitat but could not get them working reliably.

So will use another hub until then.

@habitat What other hub do you use that works?

I have three HEs and Homey Pro, and have started, just, using Node Red, they all have their merits.

Want to play with Zigbee MQTT as well.

The Homey is great for some energy management devices , Victron, BMS, Zappi etc but also does the E1 blind controllers really well.

As the blinds are linked mainly to my devices on Hue Hubs, lux sensors or linked to activities linked to TV don’t really need HE and Homey to work together.

All the zwave is on the HEs, another HE does odd stuff and zigbee and the third is being built to run as oversight/security. I am only just starting that.

I'm still struggling with these directly paired to Hubitat, as per my previous post - Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 - #40 by jason12

Open/Close often not working, unable to consistently query the status, constantly showing as not present etc.

The workaround some of you are using with virtual switches, setting to position 97 works inconsistently for me.

Is there any progress in a more reliable driver? Sadly, I'm not skilled enough to write one, but happy to do some testing if people can point out what I need to do.

I understand the issue is with the custom clusters - anything here - [HERE](Aqara智能卷帘伴侣 E1 - 产品规格 - Xiaomi Miot Spec (miot-spec.com)) that give any clues?

Can we glean anything from the ST driver HERE, or indeed any clues from the Homey driver here? com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee/drivers/curtain.acn002 at master · TedTolboom/com.xiaomi-mi-zigbee · GitHub.

I don't suppose @kkossev has any pointers? I see some success has been had for other Aqara stuff!

Failing that, those of you having more success are there any special secrets? :smile:

Thanks

@jason12 I have no plans for Aqara shades.. these are too different if compared to Tuya/Zemismart.

Thanks for checking in @kkossev - that's fair enough

1 Like

Does the info here mean anything to anyone? Cover support and battery support for Aqara roller E1 (lumi.curtain.acn002) by schwickster · Pull Request #1242 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub

It looks like some of the aqara custom clusters decoded?

I just wanted to say, that my Aqara E1 is still working perfectly for me with Hubitat using the driver I mentioned in the beginning of the thread. I have the EU version so not sure is that makes a difference.

@mo.hesham can you please copy and paste as a text your Aqara E1 device Data section (found at the bottom of the device web page in HE) ? The model should be "lumi.curtain.acn002"

@jason12 are you sure that the device details that you posted here are for Roller Shade Driver E1 ? This seems to be an old model..

I think you are talking about at least 3 different Aqara device models here.

Hi @kkossev - yes, those device details pulled from my Hubitat devices are defintely new E1's ( I have 3) - that's how they show when I'm using the driver posted in this thread which is the only one that even works a little bit! The driver is the B1 Aqara smart curtain motor that Mo said he had working, which is perhaps why it looks odd? The only way I was able to get any functionality at all was to use the old driver, with some hacks as per Mo's post.

Happy to do something else, and pull some details if it helps.

There is a discrepancy between the information available on Github and these details..

Is your device this one ?

You can try to obtain the correct data again - manually change the driver to the HE inbuilt one named 'Device', then click on the 'Get Info' button and observe the live logs, the fingerprint should be there. If no, you may need to wake up the device by pressing a button on it at the same time when you click on the web page Info button.
Copy and paste the fingerprint, then change manually the driver to the one that you are using now.

Hi @kkossev - yes, it is indeed that device.

Here is the data pulled following your steps:

fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0002,0003,0004,0005,0006,0009,000D,0013,0102", outClusters:"000A,0019", model:"lumi.curtain.acn002", manufacturer:"LUMI"

ZCL version:03

Software Build Id:unknown

Model:lumi.curtain.acn002

Manufacturer:LUMI

1 Like

Now, this is the correct fingerprint data in Hubitat... Is the old (modified?) driver still (partially) working after you updated the Data section?

You can send me in a DM the driver code that you tested, and I can look at it in the next few days.

Hi @kkossev - yes, it still works (partially) the same. I'll DM the code over - it would be great if you did have chance to have a look, but I appreciate time is precious! Thank you. :grinning:

1 Like

I guess mine is different:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 1B
  • driver: v1.0.2.1123b
  • firmwareMT: 115F-3A80-00000E1B
  • manufacturer: LUMI
  • model: lumi.curtain
  • softwareBuild: 00000E1B

Yes. This explains why your device is working with Markus's drivers, while the new E1 models do not.

Hello,
Is the driver still working? I just got the device and I cannot pair it using the driver in the link , maybe it has some update since then.
Can you please share the actual driver code that you use .

Thank you,
Best regards

I also can't make them work. My shades are model RSD-M01.

Paring went fine. Was able to pair them on first try.

I've tried drivers 1.0.2.1123, v1.0.2.1123B and the Generic Shade driver. And nothing happens when I press Open/Close.

You need version v1.0.2.1123x which can be found in post number 16 above. Works well enough for me. See my notes in post 36 for details of how I got mine working.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I did as you guided on your post put it didn't work.

Nothing happened from device page, dashboard or from automation.

On the logs I get this "Unhandled Event" -warning.