Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1

At first it worked with the "Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1" but I ended up using "Generic Zigbee shade" after strange behavior with the other driver. I use Alexa to control the shades, and it works very well. I've also got an automation in HE that closes the shades when temperatures get to high in the Livingroom due to the heat from the sun. Two of my shades need to be reversed to work, but it doesn't change in the automation. So with two of the shades I need to have them open when they should close, but at least it works.

Thanks @poli , just tried "Generic Zigbee Shade" and still nothing. And oh the Logs absolutely no feed back. With both drivers I can't tell if the Aqara is recieving the commands???? Nothing has EVER happened for me with these.
When you say you are using Alexa to control the blinds.... do you mean you have a couple of "virtual switches" that are in "Echo Skills" that, when you speak, trigger a rule in HE that controls the Shades? In which case are you able to use the controls in HE "Devices" to open or close?
Thanks in advance.
BTW - I'm not using an Aqara Hub - I'm pairing directly to HE - Is that what you all are doing???

@thorpe.jez I have included all three shades directly to HE, no Aqara hub. I then use Amazon Echo skill to connect HE to Alexa. I can close and open by asking Alexa to do that, and I can even ask to set % between 0 and 100.
Only issue I have, is if I enable shades in MQTT, to be able to control them in Home assistant, the shades stop working, and it kills the MQTT service, I don't know why that is.
If you have other services running on HE like MQTT try to stop that service and see if it changes

Thanks @poli but I have no other services running.

Can Anyone help me shed some light on all my units as to why HE doesn't seem to be able to see the units

Despite HE seeing the unit after I have reset the Unit and allows me to pair to it again.
I then change the driver:

The Driver is definitely 1123x

Here's the log after I Initialize a couple of days later:

Just don't know what to try next.... I would give up if it wasnt that @mo.hesham @JTT & @poli all have these running.

Hi Jez, mine is only just running to be fair. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this and have gone ahead and purchased the Aqara Bridge. If anyone knows how to interrogate it to get better support then please let me know.

@thorpe.jez it's still working perfectly fine with me, with Alexa and directly from the Hubitat Hub, and no I'm not using any Aqara Hubs in the middle. can you please share a snapshot of the table under "Device Details" in the device page?

@mo.hesham Really Appreciate your help
Here's the detail:

Taking another look at the data i sent to you @mo.hesham I really wonder if that indicates I'm just not running the new Driver... is there a line of code I can drop into the Driver to show up on the log?

no it appears you're running the latest driver; it showing as 1123b is just a display bug that I've fixed now; it shouldn't impact the operation of the device though. it seems that your device is not communicating at all. can you please try re-adding it but don't use Zigbee this time, use "Iris V1 Zigbee" hopefully this will fix it, let me know how it goes.

I have exactly the same as @thorpe.jez in my device details and it would seem I'm not getting any response from the device either. It just keeps saying "initializing..." when i try to add via Iris V1. I have tried this with 2 different devices. Any ideas?

Sorry for the delay - I've been away on business.
I managed to get 1 of the 2 to connect... but by standard Zigbee not Iris... after trying many times to pair... I have no idea what made the difference, but it just seemed to pair after the 3rd or 4th try!
What I don't understand is why (or where does it come from) is, when both units are paired and using the same driver the one that works looks like this:

and this

And the one that DOESN'T work

and this

And when I say it works I mean I can set Levels 1-97 so I use Rules Machine to open and close....
However I am getting this error continually (every 10 seconds) from the one that works:

Thanks @JTT
Really appreciate your help @mo.hesham any further thoughts?

@thorpe.jez I have exactly the same! I can only use 3 - 97 on the set level though and CLOSE works for me.

Thanks @JTT @mo.hesham for all your help.

Gave up in the end with the Driver direct Route and ended up getting another Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 bundled with a E1 Hub.
Installed the E1 App - paired all my Blinds to that hub - Connected Aqara to Alexa. Now through Rule Machine I issue voiceCmdAsText to Alexa to Open/close Blinds or the groups.
Gone away from full local control, but it works; Will come back to the driver if it gets more reliable.

Installed this driver for E1 too. I cannot understand the logic. Set position, set level etc. How do they work. If i put number on any of those, roller moves but never stops. Anyone?

OK. Key was to synchronize it. Now those Set position etc makes sense.

Hi Jez, I would like to do what you have too but am unable to find how to do it with Alexa. Is there some specific things you have to do to allow this to work?

I'm in the same position as in I can make the roller move but it doesn't stop. What exactly did you do to make it work correctly.
Thanks

Update:
Ok I've managed to work out how to set the open and closed positions by using the buttons on the unit itself. However now only the close button works.
I've tried removing the device and readding several times but I can't seem to get open to work. Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks

Update:
Finally worked it ok.
For anyone else struggling the below may help out.
Read the instruction manual for how to set the limits on the physical device.
Then for me it's simply a case of using webcore to automate the 'set level' setting by entering a number between 0 and 97. 0 in my instance closes the blind and 97 opens it both using the limits set on the device.

1 Like

Why is it I can't set a level of 100? 97 seems to be the most I can set, I can set anything between 0 and 97. It would be nice to have the blinds fully open rather than just short.
Apart from that the E1 roller shade seems well made and has stable connection to hubitat. I now have 4 of them :slight_smile:

I've just installed one of these using the updated driver linked, and have had varied success.

• It is paired to Hubitat

• Open/Close often doesn't work

• Device status does not work / constantly shows as not present

I have got around open/close not working by creating a Virtual Switch for open and closed, and using that virtual switch to set 0 or 97 for Open/Closed. This switch can also be exposed to Alexa, and triggered by a routine for voice command.

I also get constant spam in the device logs for unhandled events - similar to this:

Unhandled Event - description:catchall: 0000 0005 00 00 0040 00 FC8E 00 00 0000 00 00 FD0000 | msgMap:[raw:catchall: 0000 0005 00 00 0040 00 FC8E 00 00 0000 00 00 FD0000, profileId:0000, clusterId:0005, clusterInt:5, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:FC8E, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[FD, 00, 00]]

Device Details are:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 1B
  • driver: v1.0.2.1123x
  • firmwareMT: 115F-3A80-00000E1B
  • inClusters: 0000,0002,0003,0004,0005,0006,0009,000D,0013,0102
  • manufacturer: LUMI
  • model: lumi.curtain
  • outClusters: 000A,0019
  • softwareBuild: 00000E1B

Any way I can debug/improve things? Or am I stuck with a hack, or having to buy an Aqara hub.

I feel like this - Aqara智能卷帘伴侣 E1 - 产品规格 - Xiaomi Miot Spec or this - ZigBee - LUMI - lumi.curtain.acn002 · Issue #1123 · sprut/Hub · GitHub should be useful, but I am out of my depth here...

Yep, as the instructs say, you need to physically set the full up and down positions and reverse motor if needed (depends which way the material is on the roller, hanging nearest wall or away, with a larger gap, or the chain is on the gears a different way round