Apps sometimes don't trigger

Hi,
I have an app that does not consistently trigger. The app has a required expression, which appears to be satisfied, and 4 triggers.

The app triggered at sunset +1 minute, but they failed to trigger later on the relay trigger.

Here's an example of when a trigger event did not trigger the app (but it triggered a different app as expected).

I tried it a few minutes later, and it worked.

Any suggestions?
Thanks John

Are you sure the Zooz MultiRelay-Relay 2 was off before 20:42? If it had been on, the switch on would not represent a change, so it wouldn't trigger. What turned it off before 21:03? If the relay turns off while the Required Expression is false, that will not be reflected in the internal state kept for the relay, as none of the event subscriptions are in place then. You may want to do this a different way than a Required Expression.

It could be debated that RM should be re-establishing the state for changed triggers upon the Required Expression becoming true; it may not do that now. I believe this issue is addressed in the next release. That most likely means that it doesn't do that properly in 2.3.5. Edit: I just confirmed this: RM fails to re-establish prior state while Required Expression becomes true in 2.3.5, but does do this in upcoming 2.3.6 release.

See this:

1 Like

I believe the relay was off prior. The relay is triggered by a magnetic contact switch when the garage door closes. The door was open prior. A different app that is triggered by the same relay, triggered properly at the same time.
The logs show the relay turned off at 16:39, and then on at 20:42.

Based on this new information, do you believe my case is covered by the 2.3.5 release note?

2.3.5.152 Known Issues. The underlying method of dealing with *changed* is reworked in the next release, and this issue is dealt with. In current release, it misses the first trigger event either after initialization of a new rule, or for any change that happens while Required Expression is false. This latter is your situation.

Great, Thanks. Looking forward to the next release