Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

Thanks for this device.
Got it working well.
Is there a way to get more weather data on a Dashboard?
I have chosen the Temperature Tile to start and it is reporting in F instead of C, which is my system preference01 .
Does anyone have any suggestions?

add other tiles or use the mytile attribute?

set the imperial units to false in driver settings.

@bangali thanks for this.
Apologises for the ignorance on this side how do I ' use the mytile attribute'?
I have searched the forum for examples without success.
I see some excellent single tile examples but not how they were developed

can someone advise please?

heres an example with the resulting tile:

Go to your Device Details page for your Weather device. (You created a virtual device and then picked the ApiXU driver.. that one, that device.) On the right side is a tall stack of Current States.

Those are Attributes you can enter into a Dashboard Tile. On your Dashboard, pick your device, then pick attribute, and a third field shows up. Paste in the attribute you desire. "mytile" in this case. Careful of capitolization, it needs to be an exact match. Click Update Tile.

1 Like

Got it all ty
Attribute Template was the key :wink:

I just updated to the latest code and added mytile to a dashboard. The condition_icon image is tiny between the sunrise and sunset text. Is this because of my dashboard layout settings? I'm assuming nothing can be done in the driver? I had visual attribute in a separate tile before and it looked good, what would I have to do to the mytile code to get "visual" instead of "condition_icon"?

code updated to github with new image size … is that any better?

1 Like

Looks good! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Off Topic. But what size tablet is that?

7" Fire Tablet

So yes all working good thank you including the Celsius
Is there a way to change the font size of a template, like attribute I wonder whether it is on desktop or mobile?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat™_Dashboard

@bangali, curious to know why you don't use Dark Sky API? Apixu doesn't provide weather alert while dark sky provided. It is extremely cold here today.. feels like -34 :frowning:

Also, I found a weird thing for Apixu. When I use city name for API, it provides correct temperature and feels like, but when I use postcode or coordination (Long, Lat) , returned same number for temp_c and feelslike_c.:thinking:

Dark Sky's Terms of Service explicitly forbid asking end-users to get their own Dark Sky API key. :confused:

https://darksky.net/dev/docs/terms

Your permission to use the Service is condition upon your agreement that you will not:

• use the Service in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law;
  • create multiple accounts or utilize any script or other automated tool that attempts to create multiple accounts;
  • direct your end-users to sign up for their own API account (The Dark Sky API not intended to be used directly by end-users);
1 Like

I looked over that thank you.
So you can change the Font Size on a per Dashboard basis.
Is there a way to vary size per tile?

this worked great for a little while on sharptools but sharptools is not grabbing all of the correct values from the driver anymore. I am installing the tile as a Thing and selecting the weather device i created with this driver, all of the values are showing on sharptools dashboard tile but they do not match up with the values showing in hubitat when i do a POLL.

I have updated the driver but still having the problem

EDIT: I got an answer from Sharptools, They are working on better integration with weather tiles and hubitat.

Hi Jason. I responded to your post over on the SharpTools community - I was a hair too slow to reply before you got this post in! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

We are actively working on an update to the SharpTools-Hubitat integration which should get this working as expected (more details in the linked post below).

I have an initial update working on my development hub / SharpTools.io instance... behind the scenes it's a relatively big change, but it will also enable some other cool features, so I'm excited about getting it fully tested and through the release cycle. :smiley:

1 Like

FYI: my plan had been to support selection of attributes that the driver publishes from the 40 or so attributes that the driver always publishes today.

unfortunately HE does not support multi-select from input list in drivers … which i found out after implementing the changes in the driver code to allow selection of attributes to publish. :slight_smile:

so plan abandoned … at least for now.

2 Likes

What was the goal...reduce the number of attributes? To what end?

Perhaps you could use a text input. Default to all fields and have it as a string concatenated array of the fields to publish based on the entered list. Fall back to the default set in the event of an error parsing the entered list.