Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

Hi, @bangali. Is it possible for this driver to provide precipitation for:
· 2 most recent historical days
· Today
· Forecast next 2 days

The use case is to provide input to a rain probability calculator for irrigation. Thank you.

while i added both feelsLike and wind previously had forgotten to allow selection for publishing those attributes. should be there now.

sorry about that.

2 Likes

Greetings,
New to Hubitat, been working in the weather monitoring industry most of my life.
Have a weather station, pushing data to Wunderground, I actually have a paid account but just to get rid of all the junk they used to send me. Have your WX code loaded in my Hubitat, entered zip and API key I own, no joy. Could you please lend a hand ?
Thanks for your time.
Dave

Is your API key correct?
Just wondering as the logs are showing 'unauthorised'.

1 Like

https://api.weather.com/v2/pws/observations/current?stationId=KNYKINGS9&format=json&units=e&apiKey=

This works so I assume my API key is correct.
Edit - API Key

That looks like a WU key not an ApiXU Key.

If you have a functioning WU key, use the Weather Underground App, not this ApiXU app.

I would edit your post to remove the API Key. This is the internet afterall... someone will find it and use up your daily API call quota. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thank you

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. I'll give the Weather Underground driver a try.
:+1:

Looks like there's a typo that prevents feelsLike from working.

The added map key was feelslike, but the actual attribute is feelsLike (capital L is needed)

1 Like

Thanks @josh that got my feels Like working again :slight_smile:

No. It defaults back to my zip code when I latitude, and longitude.

Great tool, super easy to setup and get going. Only took me 60 seconds and that includes creating APIXU account.

1 Like

ok. too bad. i know its 4 degree compared to other services but how does it compare to the actual temperature at your location … do you have any outside thermometers you could check against?

Hi @bangali, just wondering if there is an easy way I can turn off the logging that I'm getting from the APIXU weather app. It's pretty 'chatty' and not being very skilled with code I don't know where to look past what is presented in the driver. I'm guessing it's due to the Lux changing but please see the chatty log, below. :slight_smile:

Thx,
Nic

The fast way...

Edit the device code by adding // in front of all the debug statements

In case anybody is interested in using APIXU's 24 hour forecast data in RM you take a look at my fork. It has a composite thermometer for low and a second for high. You can use the composite device's temperature attribute in RM.

Fork:
bangali/driver at master · codahq/bangali · GitHub

New Virtual Devices:

Example Rule:

If the temperature dips and the sprinkling system is enabled the house warns me until I turn the sprinklers off. Even though freezing is at 32 I gave 4 degrees grace. FYI, so you guys don't think I'm crazy the speaker device is a proxy and has many restrictions for talking that you don't see here.

Maybe if bangali likes this he will put it into the original driver.

Thx. I’ll give that a go.
Cheers

Oh cool. That seems a nice addition but the warnings for me would be high temp warnings not freezing. LOL

@njanda you are using a slightly older version of the driver. if you update to the latest version of the code you will find significantly less messages logged.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adey/bangali/master/driver/apixu-weather.groovy