Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

apixu does not provide lux data hence the calculations.

dont think they share that info.

OK thanks.

And thank you again for sharing :slight_smile:

John

1 Like

This is most likely an easy fix but I simply don’t have the knowledge. Using ApiXU service and sharp tools to display it and it still says sunny with a sun graphic and it’s after 9pm. Should it change at night?

Not sure if this is fully related, but I have had similar issues with updates not showing up on the weather tile. I reached out to Sharptools and @josh is looking into the matter.

I told @josh my SharpTools.io weather tile was not updating correctly a while ago. He indicated that he thinks only the 'standard' capabilities are being updated (temp, humidity, sunrise, sunset, but that non-standard capabilities may need to be polled or subscribed to, or otherwise refreshed somehow to reflect the current values (wind, chance of rain, conditions(icon)). So, I don't think is an issue with @bangali's driver, it is an issue with SharpTools.io.

1 Like

Thanks for tagging me! As Matthew mentioned, the issue appears to be that non-standard attributes are not being automatically subscribed to since they aren't part of a standard capability. Unfortunately, there's not a Thing Capability that specifically defines attributes like weather, forecastIcon, percentPrecip, etc. otherwise the device drivers could just be tweaked to add these capabilities.

The good news is we believe we have a path forward to resolution and are actively working on it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds good I wasn't sure if it was driver related or Sharptools so I just started here! It is a very minor issue as everything else works great!!

1 Like

thanks @josh … if you need any changes from me just ping me.

1 Like

updated to github with the following changes:

* Version: 4.3.0
*   12/30/2018: removed isStateChange:true based on testing done by @nh.schottfam on hubitat forum.
* Version: 4.2.0
*   12/30/2018: deprecated localSunrise and localSunset attributes instead use local_sunrise and local_sunset respectively

Thanks for this device.
Got it working well.
Is there a way to get more weather data on a Dashboard?
I have chosen the Temperature Tile to start and it is reporting in F instead of C, which is my system preference01 .
Does anyone have any suggestions?

add other tiles or use the mytile attribute?

set the imperial units to false in driver settings.

@bangali thanks for this.
Apologises for the ignorance on this side how do I ' use the mytile attribute'?
I have searched the forum for examples without success.
I see some excellent single tile examples but not how they were developed

can someone advise please?

heres an example with the resulting tile:

Go to your Device Details page for your Weather device. (You created a virtual device and then picked the ApiXU driver.. that one, that device.) On the right side is a tall stack of Current States.

Those are Attributes you can enter into a Dashboard Tile. On your Dashboard, pick your device, then pick attribute, and a third field shows up. Paste in the attribute you desire. "mytile" in this case. Careful of capitolization, it needs to be an exact match. Click Update Tile.

1 Like

Got it all ty
Attribute Template was the key :wink:

I just updated to the latest code and added mytile to a dashboard. The condition_icon image is tiny between the sunrise and sunset text. Is this because of my dashboard layout settings? I'm assuming nothing can be done in the driver? I had visual attribute in a separate tile before and it looked good, what would I have to do to the mytile code to get "visual" instead of "condition_icon"?

code updated to github with new image size … is that any better?

1 Like

Looks good! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Off Topic. But what size tablet is that?

7" Fire Tablet