Anyone used Trådfri Remote or Dimmer?

Fair point. However Since getting my HE last year I've expanded my system to encompass Hue, MQTT, node red and now zigbee2mqtt systems. Unfortunately this isn't helpful to anyone looking for an all in one solution as it does mean additional effort and maintenance for sure.

Do the Tradfri remotes not pair directly to the bulbs? I do not see a need to have them in HE as long as I pair them to the bulbs after pairing them to the hub. This is how I have it set up on the OTHER platform. For any automations needed, I use a light group that controls the cluster of lights. For using the dimmer, I just have it linked directly to the bulbs and it works just fine (although connecting the bulbs to the other platform killed the color temp controls. But, I do not change that offten anyhow and can do that through Google or the dashboard)

For the record, I have not moved anything yet. I am in the process of planning. I was just asking because it may impact how I move things over, and when)

Can someone confirm that this dimmer DOES NOT work with Hubitat?

If it does work, please provide a link or the driver to allow Hubitat to add it.

Thanks!

same here cant control anything with it its paired tried every driver not sure what to do some say they got it working

I'm going to give a conbee2 a go, i.e. a zigbee radio plugged into a raspberry pi. The conbee is on its way, will report back when I've set it up.

Others have used cheaper zigbee radio options and mqtt (I think). Don't ask me too many questions, I'm only starting to venture into this kind of setup :slightly_smiling_face:

Simon

that one right just to make sure

No it doesnt work.
I have 6 of these and not working in Hubitat after I migrated from ST.
Apparently ST (and others) have implemented so non standard zigbee features that allow these and other devices to work.
Pity as they are cheap and easy to use with great battery life.
In the process of replacing them all.

What are you replacing them with? I am in same boat.

SYLVANIA Lightify 4 Button Switch

1 Like

how do you run the configure command i see the configure button but it does nothing
and bindding whtas that lol dont see that anywhere either

Yes, the configure button is it. Does the device page show that it's going on and off when you turn the puck?

If the device is registering on and off in hubitat, that's good. That means that they are talking. However, it's just a switch that isn't hooked up to anything. So you need to bind it to a smart switch/light/lamp/plug. I use my Switch Bindings app. You'll want to read the instructions on that to understand how it works. It's incredibly simple once you get the idea: It binds two things together so that they are always on and off together.

no it wont change if i touch the puck

i did find the bidding app installed it but i added the puck before everything maybe i should disconect reconect and restart
and when i click configure nothing happens

Adding my support for hubitat supporting the 5-button remotes.

I started off with a tradfri hub, but switched to hubitat because it was so unstable I was having to reset my bulbs every couple of days. If I'd realised hubitat's lack of willingness to support tradfri in advance I'm not sure I'd have bought it but I'm here now.

I've replaced the remote I used previously with a hue one but the side buttons on the ikea remote make it much more useful for controlling colour/temperature than the hue remote in my experience.

Is anyone using the 5-button remotes with either the tradfri or hue hubs (or something else?) and then linking these to hubitat? Are their any issues using this method or is it seamless?

I have 22 of the IKEA on/off switch installed in my home, and until today had them connected to my 36 Hue bulbs using a Samsung Smart Things Hub. I bought the Hubitat hub because i was sick of the cloud latency.
It's very disappointing to learn that the switches are not supported :frowning:
They connect very easily to the hub, but nothing happens when the buttons are pressed.

Hey Mike,
what do you mean by saying "not a high priority"?!
HE was/is advertised as kind of "universal" product that support Zigbee.
Zigbee is a standard, isn't it?
Now you are saying that that standard is supported only partially? How come?!
And it's been 1.5 years since you posted that and still no changes here?!

What a disappointment... I though HE is a great universal product, kind of "jack-of-all-trades", supporting two most popular HA protocols and now it looks like it can't even reliable support devices from a big well-known brand!
What a rubbish box.... :frowning:

Same here, man. I am hugely disappointed in HE by now :frowning:

Not to mention lack of native MQTT support - a must have feature for any modern home automation! It is just unbelievable ...

To be fair, the list of natively supported devices is clearly provided on Hubitat's website. This forum is also a great resource to new users seeking solutions to their requirements.

HE has never been advertised as having support for every zigbee device in the marketplace. AFAIK it's only this particular tradfri device that doesn't work (which is really only a button, and there are plenty of viable alternatives that do work with HE), other ikea devices have drivers written for them or can use the built in ones.

If you must have this button working with your HE, I suggest 2 viable options are zigbee2mqtt and deconz (both routes of course do require an external raspberry pi or similar device).

Not sure native MQTT is must have for the majority of people :smiley:, however @kevin (among others) has done a great job in implementing it here [Beta] MQTT beta 3d (released 5th July). I believe there other implementations as well, or you can use node red for MQTT (as I do) which opens up a ton of other possibilities.

2 Likes