[RELEASE] IKEA Tradfri Puck driver

This is a driver for the Tradfri Puck. The device has been discontinued, but people have been finding them for really cheap. Here's a pic. The top is magnetic and just pops right off.

After you join the device to HE and select this driver, run the Configure command.

It has a setting to choose modes: switch vs. dimmer.

The device will act like a switch/dimmer that has no load. You'll want to bind it to a light to use it. Two-way binding is important, so use my Switch Bindings app:

Previous discussions that led to the creation of this driver are in this thread:

6 Likes

Good on you mate. :+1:t3:

Just picked up another 6. I really like the smooth dimming feel. Thanks for your time on this driver

Excellent!

Joel.
I finally made it to Ikea today and bought a couple of the Tradfri Dimmers.
If i drop one in the mail to you.....any chance you can see if there is any hope of it working with HE? They are a great deal at 7 bucks,....if anyone can get a driver to work. Cheers
Mac

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/tradfri-wireless-dimmer-white-10408598/

If you sent one, I would definitely try it out. That said, my hopes are low. There were posts on here (I think from @mike.maxwell) that said this dimmer was using a communication pathway that Hubitat does not support.

1 Like

i'll pop one in the mail today......its worth the 7 bucks investment even if no success.
you mind sending me your address again please.
Thanks
Mac

2 Likes

IMPORTANT UPDATE: This IKEA Tradfri Puck driver can now be installed from Hubitat Package Manager. This is the best way to make sure you keep up-to-date with bug fixes and new features.