[RELEASE] IKEA Tradfri Puck driver

This is a driver for the Tradfri Puck. The device has been discontinued, but people have been finding them for really cheap. Here's a pic. The top is magnetic and just pops right off.

After you join the device to HE and select this driver, run the Configure command.

It has a setting to choose modes: switch vs. dimmer.

The device will act like a switch/dimmer that has no load. You'll want to bind it to a light to use it. Two-way binding is important, so use my Switch Bindings app:

Previous discussions that led to the creation of this driver are in this thread:

7 Likes

Good on you mate. :+1:t3:

Just picked up another 6. I really like the smooth dimming feel. Thanks for your time on this driver

Excellent!

Joel.
I finally made it to Ikea today and bought a couple of the Tradfri Dimmers.
If i drop one in the mail to you.....any chance you can see if there is any hope of it working with HE? They are a great deal at 7 bucks,....if anyone can get a driver to work. Cheers
Mac

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/tradfri-wireless-dimmer-white-10408598/

1 Like

If you sent one, I would definitely try it out. That said, my hopes are low. There were posts on here (I think from @mike.maxwell) that said this dimmer was using a communication pathway that Hubitat does not support.

2 Likes

i'll pop one in the mail today......its worth the 7 bucks investment even if no success.
you mind sending me your address again please.
Thanks
Mac

2 Likes

IMPORTANT UPDATE: This IKEA Tradfri Puck driver can now be installed from Hubitat Package Manager. This is the best way to make sure you keep up-to-date with bug fixes and new features.

Morning @jwetzel1492
The last time i thought about the tradfri dimmers i believe we kicked off a discussion about the square dimmer ability to integrate into Hubitat. Just seen a post on the facebook Hubitat page and the same question was asked.
I believe you mentioned potentially looking into it. Did you ever have a look?
Personally, the few i have in my drawer and honestly have switched to Picos but if they are useful i can at least offer them to someone
oh.....and used package manager...and updated everything that it detected! Awesome.

Cheers
mac

I just published a driver update. (And it's on Hubitat Package Manager.)

Now, if the switch is off, and you do a "fade up", it turns on and starts fading up. Previously you had to turn it on, then fade up. This change makes it more like other smart dimmers.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.