Anyone used this TUYA LED strip controller with success?

Thanks Kenneth for the quick response and insight, especially about different channel configurations. It’s interesting that they support seemingly more complex RGB+CCT and not RGB+WW. I will relegate these two (inexpensive) units to locations where bright light is not important and get new RGBCCT controllers for kitchen cabinets.

I did try very low and high color temperatures which still did not turn the white LEDs on from HE. Also interestingly when connected through Hue hub, Hue app was controlling RGB LEDs (only) but HE was only controlling the white LEDs.

Hopefully one of the smart people here will write a driver to support 5-pin RGBW controllers. I will try to learn as well.

I used Generic Zigbee RGBW

@pavr27 Thanks for the picture, which promoted me to open my 2nd unit to find that it's almost identical to yours. I brought two units from two separate eBay listings, and both claimed to be Tuya controllers, but only to learn that they are different.
Here is mine:

• manufacturer: _TZ3000_qqjaziws
  • model: TS0505B

Since you are already on 2.2.5.123, wondering if you want to try 2.2.5.124 that was recently released. Version .124 comes with Advanced Zigbee Xyz drivers according to the changelog. I haven't upgraded to 2.2.5, so I don't know if there are any issues with the latest firmware.

That seems to be contradicting to what you said earlier:

BTW, the latest version of firmware 2.2.5.124 seems to have a new Advanced Zigbee series driver, not sure if you have tried. Disclaimer: I'm still on 2.2.4.x.

Sorry for the confusion. When I pair it through Hue hub, HE only controls the white LEDs and Philips Hue app on my phone only controls RGB LEDs.

When paired with HE, HE only controls the RGB LEDs.

Thanks for the heads up. I’m on 2.2.4.158. I will update and report back.

Updated to 2.2.5.126 now. Sadly, the device still doesn't work.

I don't really understand the logs....but it appears that HE cannot see a manufacture/model number... (but Smartthings can).

Anyway, I have access to it on smarttthings via hubconnect...so I'll patiently await any future driver updates, with the understanding that perhaps I'll never have it working directly on HE!

Same experience here - the new Advanced Zigbee drivers didn’t help. For now, I am using these strips where brightness from white LEDs is not critical. Not ideal, but the physical button on the controller can still be used to switch from RGB to white LEDs, after which HE can adjust the brightness.

Thanks to @Kenneth I learned more about RGBW configurations so next time I will order a 6-pin controller.

Could some of you please explain how did you connect it to Hue Bridge? I tried with Hue Essentials etc but it didn’t seem to discover any devices. I have the 3-pin version.
Thanks

I really like these - have 8 of these - plus a couple which I cannot comunicate with any longer.... following me disconnecting them from the power when they were still on. I have the 4 pin version. Does anyone know how to Factory Reset them?

I just received one of them, connected to the first one with he, what I had before with a Wi-Fi controller, and the colors have nothing to do with it, white is not white, it's yellow, and with the other one from smartlife it was white, Does anyone know if it can be solved, or do I have to order a white zigbee controller and a white led strip?

This is a combination of controller and strip. Kelvin colors range from yellow (lets say 1200k to soft white (2700k) to more stark daylight (4000) to starting to get into blue (5000k and above) So you need to adjust capable lighting correctly.

2 Likes

This is what I get, it is blank to the maximum and the brightness is full, I have tried a thousand things...

what driver?

With the smart life controller it worked perfectly for me.

You need to do one of the RGBW drivers (W stands for white and will allow control of kelvin)

my led strip is rgb

You indicated that it had white in it too. If it's RGB and not RGBW then you can't do much.

but with the other controller that I had from smartlife wifi it worked well

Then it is likely RGBW... I would explore one of those drivers.