Any update on when we can get the new "Hub Protection Service"?

Ducking and running... :wink:

I also expect it in a later 2.2.5 patch. They must really want to roll it out, money on the table until they do.

2 Likes

Yeah except, as I said before, "the silence is deafening" the last thing they said was it'd be in 2.2.5... after saying it'd be out in August. August passed, silence until November. Now 2.2.5 came out, silence... Call me cynical, but every time a "it will be released XYZ" comes to pass, I'm just suspicious there are bigger issues than "shopping cart software is hard to build!" We're now 6mo since it was supposed to be released the first time!

When I said silence was bad, everyone responded "no, duh silence just means it will be in 2.2.5 like they told us!" now when I say "2.2.5 is out and still silence" people respond "duh, they're silent because they're hard at work getting it in the next patch release!!!"

So far silence has meant "we don't know" :frowning:

3 Likes

We're at 2.2.5.119, so we have 80 builds to go on 2.2.5. That's the optimist in me. :wink:

And while some additional communication would be nice, it likely would not be much more than we've heard so far, coming soon in 2.2.5, we'll releese it when it's ready.

I just updated and I am seeing 2.2.5.119?

Whoops...typo. :slight_smile: I'll fix it.

FYI, on 119, not 117, still nada. I'm sure you're right, but as a customer, I like to share my experiences with the companies I use. So in my case, this delay has been too long now which means this weekend I move on, migrate myself, and no longer have need for this service. 6 months of a device sitting on a shelf is too long for me.

2 Likes

???? The rest of us got 2.2.5.119 today. You are being punished for bringing home that chili verde burrito combo plate takeout last night.

1 Like

I was disappointed to not see the protection service in this update as well. A little more insight into maybe why its taking so long would be appreciated.

Yup, I understand the frustration, especially if you're in a specific use-case like yours that can make it very annoying. As my son like to remind me when I'm ranting about some technical glitch or other issue that is taking up my time. "Dad, first-world problems are the worst." And then he laughs at me. Right out loud and w/great enjoyment. Ha...I can't wait until I'm old enough that he has to change my diaper...revenge!

2 Likes

I feel like if I tell my wife that her complaining our lights stopped working is a "first world problem" I'll end up with a "third world problem" of no longer having a roof over my head when I'm sleeping outside :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Spouses have a way of keeping us grounded and frightened.

1 Like

What makes you think there is a limit on the number of updates to each major firmware release?

1 Like

Since I finally upgraded from a C4 to a C7 and had to manually migrated all my devices, well at least the Z-wave ones over I just want that piece of mind. I have spent many hours refining my setup, and while I do like playing with new toys, it is nice when everything just works and I do not have to think about it.

1 Like

I have to say I do like this new log view a lot better.

1 Like

A completely inarguable statement. My favorite type of zen as well... :smiley:

I was "editing" so that the number didn't feel as daunting as 880. :wink: Unless they - gasp - went one-more-digit...aieeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

The problem with this issue, especially for those led to purchase a new hub in the hopes that they would be able to use this new service, is that Hubitat is now flirting with misrepresentation of service, which is a legal offense.

1 Like

Would you rather they released it now, take your money and then have issues with the service.
Personally I would rather wait until they are happy all the wrinkles have been ironed out and then release the service.
I'm sure they are beavering away in the background getting this service ready for release as this is another revenue stream for them.

Just my thoughts...........

3 Likes

Iโ€™m not sure that a forward looking statement, such as a prediction of a product release, subjects them to any sort of legal consequences. Either way, I donโ€™t think it makes sense from anyoneโ€™s perspective to rush a product. That just leads to everyone being upset. Iโ€™d recommend always buying a product for its current feature set, not a planned future state.

2 Likes

I'm not complaining about the matter. I'm just stating that, according to what I have read in this thread, it was supposed to be released in August 2020. I understand it takes time to develop, but I also see people who were misled. Misleading information regarding a product can be a problem. Don't shoot the messenger here...