Any update on when we can get the new "Hub Protection Service"?

Better answer than mine :smiley:

2 Likes

yeah ive read many many posts. And possible I just forgot. I could not recall seeing it.

In terms of whether an external zwave stick (500 or 700) would work if plugged into a C-7 - don't know!

Alas looks like there will be no easy button.

The glass-half-full angle is that it doesn't take as long as you think it will - my migration from ST to HE was similarly "painful" but in the end it wasn't as bad as I expected.

Plus, you get to build your mesh step-by-step in a possibly/hopefully more logical manner than when you first added the devices to your system.

2 Likes

Any update on when the Cloud service will be available?

I have one of the new hubs on the shelf and was waiting on the Cloud service to do the migration over (seemed to remember seeing a post to say it would keep one from having to drop/refind Zwave and other devices).

I'm waiting to do the same. Any update on the backup service?

https://community.hubitat.com/t/hub-protection-service-marked-as-sold-out/47770/5

Will a single subscription be able to backup multiple hubs or will you need a subscription for each hub?

From the now-closed โ€œComing Soonโ€ announcement thread:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/hub-protection-service-coming-soon/45408/31

I presume though that unless you have zigbee or z-wave devices to backup the standard inbuilt backup will be enough. My new second hub when it arrives is just going to be running webcore and have no actual devices directly connected? Just a single hub protect subscription to cover the hub that actually hosts the devices and use the built in backup option for the second hub.

Unless you have a local fire or catastrophic event that wipes out all of your local backups, and you have no backups saved in the cloud for the second hub.

For those of us that are tired of waiting - what exactly does a standard backup restore? Would I be able to easily move all my automations and just have to worry about unpairing and repairing all my devices?

Yes.

Further, all your zigbee devices will slot back into their existing device-ids as long as you re-pair them to the new Hubitat. This means that you won't have to fix automations that use zigbee devices.

Z-wave devices will have the excluded and then included. They will get new device ids, so automations that use these devices will have to be fixed.

1 Like

Whilst this is true, a thread was issued by Bryan showing how z-wave devices can also be migrated without having to re-write rules.
This is how I did my z-wave devices.
It does work but can be a bit painful.

1 Like

Thanks. I'll have to give this some more thought. It's been quite annoying (for me) that the hub protection service is so delayed. I eagerly scooped up a C7 hub because the zwave performance of my relatively new C5 is pretty poor with a lot of devices. Paid nearly $200 CAD by the time it got to me, and has been updated but sitting and doing nothing since then. I guess if I had both hubs up and running I could easily enough include, exclude zwave devices, copy automations, then select new device ID's...

What about other integrations - Alexa, google, life360, etc.?

For info, here is the thread which is extremely helpful.

2 Likes

thanks bobs

1 Like

Mine has been sitting in its box as well since the middle of September.

3 Likes

Not until 2.2.5 at the earliest now according to the last Hubitat Live.

2 Likes