Any plans to support Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud?

Ok, thats what I'd done, but still got an error setting temp.... will send log later today. Cheers.

1 Like

For the benefit of others, I have updated the code to allow commands to be sent to a A/C unit. Something I comment out when testing on my own HE hub.

For those interested, I made some progress at the weekend, being able to interpret the regular status information from the cloud-hosted KUMO API. It was not something I felt needed testing by others at this stage, so did not update the code available from this thread.

The final hurdle is local control, which requires encryption. I need to do some investigation on encryption, it's not something I have had to tackle thus far in HE. I have one or two examples to work from and will be following up with other developers to learn some more. ..

So we are getting closer...

2 Likes

Wow, it's over a month since I last posted.... :slightly_frowning_face:

I got a little stuck on the encryption, so I think local control may need to be a version 2 feature. Made a start on the consolidated driver in the last few days, bringing together the code for the European, Aus/NZ and US platforms. I can authenticate and detect the units on all three platforms and have started brining in the code for status updates. Will finish that and then move on to the commands to control the units. Am hoping to have something by the end of the month... But we'll see...

1 Like

Simon, in case you didn't know: Kumo cloud service in the US was seizing and convulsing for most of last month. So it may be worth a quick revisit if something wasn't working as hoped/expected in testing during that timeframe. I remember we both experienced some strange temp setting web page behavior, but being old and stupid, I've forgotten all the details. Anyway, just an FYI

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I do remember we had issues, just can't remember when. I'll look back through our notes when I get to the commands part of the work.

I updated both drivers, no child devices are created. Wiped it all out and tried from scratch, same thing. The parent device shows it pulling my units info though.

Sorry to hear the drivers didn't quite work for you. I am in the process of working on the fully featured drivers at the moment, the one's I had linked previously on this thread were my way of testing my understanding of the Kumo Cloud API. I am thinking it is probably best to wait and test the drivers I am working on now rather than worrying about trying to fix the earlier versions you were testing.

I am hoping to finalise the development in the next week or so, at least with a very early version to make available for people to test.

Simon

1 Like

I have finished writing the code for the new drivers, but large amounts of it are still untested. If anyone is really keen they are welcome to let me know and I can provide a link. I'd like to think I can finish the testing in the next week and provide some more details then on installing and setting up the drivers. Inclusion in HPM and rolling the drivers out on a dedicated thread will follow sometime after this. Then I can look at local control.

Thanks again for your patience,
Simon

Happy to do some testing if that's helpful to your efforts. Ive got tons of other projects to work on, so if it doesn't help ur efforts, I'll wait.

1 Like

Also glad to help with some testing when you're ready.

1 Like

I haven't done some "from scratch" testing in a while on these, but did a fair amount of testing on the authentication and status updates in the beginning. The more recent controls like mode and temperature changes are largely untested.

Parent Driver:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sburke781/hubitat/MEL_UnifiedDrivers/MelUnifiedThermostat/MEL_ThermostatParent_Driver.groovy

AC Unit Driver:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sburke781/hubitat/MEL_UnifiedDrivers/MelUnifiedThermostat/MEL_ThermostatUnit_Driver.groovy

Some very rough instructions:

Install then in the Drivers Code section
Create a new virtual device using the parent driver
In the Device Edit Page select Kumo Cloud as the platform
Enter your username and password
Ignore the language selection, that only applies in Europe
Save the Preferences for the parent device

I think that may kick everything off in terms of authentication and creating child devices for each AC Unit (need to check this setup process more thoroughly this week). If not, try and refresh the parent device.

You may need to refresh the browser to see the child devices at the bottom of the device edit page for the parent device.

Click on one of the child AC units and try to use it. Change operating modes, temperature, fan modes, add a tile to a dashboard, etc.

You will need to refresh the devices manually for now, just noticed not everything is in place for automatic polling for status updates, should have that in soon.

Happy to take any feedback on issues, requests, etc.

Thanks,
Simon

Testing the code it doesn't build the children, here's my log:

dev:24902021-07-05 05:28:50.844 pm debugrefresh: createChildACUnits() method skipped, we are working with the Kumo Cloud platform

dev:24902021-07-05 05:28:50.841 pm infoA new authentication code value has been set

dev:24902021-07-05 05:28:50.829 pm debugsetAuthCode: New authentication code value has been set

dev:24902021-07-05 05:28:50.774 pm debugretrieveAuthCode_KumoCloud: Child - [lastScheduleChange:0, zoneTable:[:], children:[[lastScheduleChange:0, zoneTable:

Hmmm, interesting, I'll need to take a look and maybe add some more logs to see what's happening

I'm still a little stumped, but am also having different issues at my end, so a little hard to test at the moment. A couple things that may help to know:

• Do you have a single A/C unit or more than one?
  • Did an "authCode" value appear in the State variables section, typically displayed below the "Refresh" button? I don't want to know the value, just if a long string of random letters numbers appeared there. There should also be a "BaseURL" value as well, geo-c.kumocloud.com, with a https at the front.

Thanks,
Simon

I did get the auth code, and I have two units. The only other logging message is the massive one with all the details of my setup. Base url is correct.

1 Like

@michaelahess - I actually need a bit more of the log you showed in a recent post. I'm particularly interested in the detail after the second "zonetable" at the end of your post. If you are worried about any details included, feel free to send this in a pm instead of posting on this thread.

Thanks,
Simon

@michaelahess - Thanks for providing your logs. I have adjusted the parent driver to (I hope) now detect your air conditioning units. Can you please update this driver and test again?

Thanks,
Simon

Will test shortly! Thank you!

1 Like

In addition to the correction for device creation for @michaelahess, I've made further changes today to address various bugs I identified. I am much happier with the controls working and details reflected in the device attributes. There is still more testing and fine-tuning to be done, as well as getting the code into HPM and writing up some user notes. I will provide more updates over the coming days.

I may also tweak the names of the drivers before release. I am tempted to, down the track, include other brands of air conditioners into the drivers, so don't want to refer to them just as a Mitsubishi Electric set of drivers.

Simon

1 Like