Any no-neutral light switch recommendations?

I have Lutron dimmers in the house and they work great. The problem is, that some of my lights cannot be dimmed and simply fail to work with these switches. Lutron does not make "no neutral" switches, so I decided to try Leviton. Leviton integration is a nightmare, most of the time, it takes up to 20 seconds to activate a switch when triggered by a motion sensor. Sometimes, it does not work at all (tomw driver from 2019). And that is with a pretty fast 1 Gb internet connection.

Are there any Zigbee or Z-Wave in wall light switches that are natively supported by Hubitat?

I have a two or three no neutral dimmers setup and I have been using Inovelli, they have worked pretty well.

If you are looking for a dimmer.....Enbrighten makes a no-neutral Z-wave dimmer,....

The data sheet says it is tested as low as 2W.

Edit......depending on the bulb you may still need the minimum load capacitor as @rlithgow1 describes below.

They may not be great bulbs. Some may require a load capacitor like this https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-LUT-MLC-minimum-load-White/dp/B07DGN24FF

I use all lutron dimmers (no neutral) and switches. For recessed lighting I use commercial electric (home depot). For bulbs for the occasional table lamp I use Lifx. For our kitchen chandelier I use these

1 Like

They do. This is the model number: PD-5WS-DV. Here all the switches made in the Caséta line:

The Amazon price on them is ridiculous. But I've them at electrical supply houses for $55-65.

1 Like

Yes, I have a couple of these. Expensive but they work.

2 Likes

Thanks everybody! I'll give the Lutron ones a try - they are only 6A and a 100 W bulb would be too much for them, but let's see :slight_smile:

You should be fine. A 100 watt bulb would draw less than one amp:

Amps = Watts / Volts
100 W / 120 V = .8333 A

1 Like

Oops, looks like I was only a factor of 10 off when I did the math... Thanks for getting me back on track!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.