Any drivers exist for soujamao zigbee motion detectors?

Just bought 2 motion detectors and wasn't paying attention to the brand. They were zigbee, so I thought they should be compatible. Anyway it's a soujamao brand and it's not listed in the native compatible list. I'm hoping there is a user created driver for them.

Anyone familiar with these?

Havenโ€™t heard of them before but try joining them, guessing that they may work with the generic zigbee motion sensor driver.

2 Likes

The generic Zigbee drivers are not responding. I will try some other brands and see if I can get anything to work.

Did you push Configure on the device page after changing drivers?

I tried on a couple occasions, but maybe I forgot to that time. I will try again. What should happen after pressing configure?

The driver learns what the device capabilities are.

1 Like

I must have had some response from something i tried. I was looking through event logs and it shows battery level and active, inactive. Not sure what driver made it work at that time.

Most likely Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor.

Generic component driver just shows battery and stays active. No configure button on that one. The generic zigbee drivers aren't doing anything with this motion detector.

Wrong driver

Change driver to generic zigbee motion, save the device. Then start zigbee pairing and re-pair the sensor(with it already added to devices), it will come up as found a previous device. This should help initialize the device properly, if the device uses standard zigbee clusters

1 Like

It came up as previously found, but still does not seem to be reacting to input. Thanks for the tip.

You can try this driver.
Can you please post the device model and manufacturer values ( can be found on your device page 'Data' section)?

1 Like

I've got 3 of these - they are very solid - their weakness is sensitivity distance as compared to other brand motion detectors.

Also - if you're looking for more distinct drivers, there's some Tuya stuff around too:

1 Like

Are you able to see these work on the config screen or in the logs. I wonder if I'm just not waiting long enough between triggers or something stupid, because I tried that driver. If it works for you I will try again. Thanks.

One of mine is working now with generic zigbee driver. I'm thinking you have to give them time to reset because the light was never lighting up when I was waving my hands in front. Maybe it triggered once and I didn't let it clear out. The one that is working I set in another room and wasn't sure if it worked until I walked in there today and saw it registering on the logs.

Thank You for the assistance.

2 Likes

Be sure to mash the config button I guess. I've not noticed anything problematic - I sort of dislike the red flash as it triggers - I wish that was adjustable/configurable. I haven't really looked at the device to see if writing a specific driver would provide more features than the generic driver provides - Many sensors like this use a relatively generic chipset which have the ability to set the reset time and enable/disable the light but using the HE provided generic driver gives me the basic functions and I'm content enough ATM.
The fact they are 2 AA was a big sales point to me (long battery life)- I realize they aren't very attractive - being big and bulky, and not overly sensitive - in my case, thats exactly what was needed. I use these at either end of a long hallway and they work great. Of all the devices I've got, I've never had to re-pair or change batteries. I use velcro strips cut to size to mount things - many of my samsung PIRs fall off the wall due to the weight of the Mag mounts - these stay in place :).
That said, I still wish I had bought a few more of these Samsung units back when they were 25 bux.

Device pages reflects realtime status for me:

Check @jshimota post. The jumble of letters at the end of Tuya devices seems to predict if they will work with a given driver. Those letters likely indicate the specific firmware/subvariant? of Tuya's endless variably manufactured devices. They could all look exactly alike, but use different cluster implementations. Kind of how aqara/tuya attempt to force you to use their hubs.
Assuming the Tuya Zigbee devices are reliable on the Tuya hub, I would LOVE a tuya hub integration. Tuya's assortment of devices is unmatched. Seems like they're constantly pushing out new devices, at very reasonable prices.

I have 2 of these soujamao sensors because they were relatively cheap.
I am new to HE.
Was on Echo with Zigbee previously and these worked fine.
Now on HE... kinda sporadic.

Hi @user1156, welcome to Hubitat community!

Can you share what kind of issues you experience with this motion sensor when paired directly to HE hub? These motion sensors are relative simply devices, so it shouldn't be a serious problem to make them work stable in Hubitat.

Which is the driver that is currently assigned to your motion detector?