Any drivers exist for soujamao zigbee motion detectors?

8 out of 10 days... it would be running pretty smooth. On thoee 2 annoying days... it would either not work at all or every other time.

Considering i am a noob... mostly like user error. Maybe my automations are not set up correctly. Using the motion lighting app.

Havent done any troubleshooting so i probably should have kept my mouth shut.

Turning on/off the lights directly thru the HE dashboard works great and fast.

They are running on the generic zigbee w/o temp driver.

Using KASA and Magic Home intergrations

1 Like

This could also be an issue with having a weak zigbee mesh. The Hubitat Documentation has some recommendations on how to build a strong zigbee mesh:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Zigbee_Mesh

2 Likes

That was informative.
I heard about z wave mesh but didnt know there was a zigbee mesh. Thank you!

1 Like

I have one that paired right up and used the generic ZigBee motion driver. Motion works fine but battery reports 200% and hasn't moved in weeks.

I have 3 of the Soujamao el cheapo's. they work sort of ' meh'. their distance is short and their reset is a longer period than other units I use (Aerotec/Smartthings etc).
My battery showed 200 for a while - I did the config/refresh, and waited about 2 hrs - it cleared up.
Try the old trick :
Change driver to 'Device' - then configure, then button mash remove all blah blah. then set driver back to Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor (No Temp). Be sure to select that no temp - I think the first time it hooked it got the temp attribute driver and I had to switch it over.
Also, a smart dev is working on Tuya devices - keep your eye open for that as this is a Tuya based unit.