Another Hub Slowing Down

I read the threads on slow down issues with the hub and I can fix it with a cold reboot of the hub. Network is fine. I am wondering if it may be a heating issue. My hub is located in a closet in my mechanical room. It does get warm in there but didn't measure the temperature but it varies during the winter since the furnace is running more often. The case for the hub is very small and lacks ventilation at the top. Is it possible the the processor is slowing down due to heat? It doesn't use much processing power so I am not sure. Any info appreciated. I may relocate it in another place and see if it continues.

1 Like

what do you have for devices?

Inovelli dimmers and switches, GE and Jasco dimmers, a motion detector, About 40 devices total.

yep, its definitely getting worse.

what gen innovelli?

Gen 2 red and black....these were purchased direct from them mostly

any iris plugs paired zwave repeaters?

No....just a few Zigbee bulbs...Sengled

I'll have ot check my inovellis but i had some that took my netword out. i think they were gen 1 but i'll check right now

What driver do you use? Be sure to adjust the energy/power reporting, Z-Wave is not as good at managing a ton of messages and could slow down your network.

3 Likes

Inovelli drivers

If you don't use any of the advanced features offered by their custom driver, try switching to the built-in drivers. Then go into settings and adjust the reporting to be transmitted less frequently.

3 Likes

I will try that when I get some time....I don't really use all the features

1 Like

Most cpu’s will slow down due to high temperatures.. Although I have no idea if this is your issue..

3 Likes

Yes I know.....it seems to happen around once a week maybe less.....I could put a fan on the hub and blow some air through the bottom or just relocate it...

1 Like

My inovellis are nzw31 and it says ver 2.0d. these beat up on my zwave network to the point of shutting it down. they are in my drawer of shame.

Personally.. I would re-locate it to a more temperature stable area

3 Likes

Again.. Not sure this is your issue.. But it definitely wouldn’t hurt

2 Likes

I will try that first....I hope the Inovelli stuff isn't at fault....I just came from a large Insteon system and I have a pile of their stuff in my hall of shame junk box....

2 Likes

I have a ton of inovelli dimmers and switches..

3 Likes