Announce what windows are open

:joy: I just got this one!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply

Been a while until I got round to looking at this. But now trying to make the final push to move things off SmartThings.

My use case in smart things is when I leave the house I say “Alexa turn off everything” it would either reply with “you have no windows open” or “you have X many windows open”.

I don’t think I can do this with message central. I can get it to say “you have %contact% open” but not “you have no windows open” if there are none or how many are open if there are any ... any ideas ?

This was the setup in RemindR (I used in SmartThings)

Cheers

D

Yep!
I actually have a little app I wrote for smartthings that does exactly that
I use alexa to trigger a virtual switch
Then the check for open windows/doors is done and it reads out a list if there are any open.
If not it says “there are no open windows or doors.’

I’ll have a look at porting it on Monday for you. (I don’t do code at the week-end or the wife moans! :slight_smile: )

Btw I’m adding some new features to MC which will be release soon, I was thinking to include something along these lines.
(Lots of things to do)

Andy

1 Like

Did this ever move forward, I could really use this functionality

Which "this"? There appears to be multiple speech functions discussed here? What are you trying to do?

Referring to this

All of @Cobra pps are on his site. You will have to apply to get a password. https://cobra-apps.co.uk/

Are you trying to do the open window/door announcement, or something different?

The app was ported and upgraded a long time ago :slight_smile:
It's now called: 'Check Open Contacts'

It's on the website

Andy

1 Like