Amber Electric driver

Howdy @pjam73 i found your driver recently and I’ve noticed the data it returns can vary from the app by a significant margin.

Does your app use the current API etc? I’m programming challenged, but I can’t even see how you are authenticating against the API. Each user is supposed to have their own Auth token?

https://app.amber.com.au/developers/documentation/

Hmm, looks like he hasn’t been on the forums in well over a year. @sburke781 is this something you could assist in updating?

I’d be happy to give you a valid Auth Token to test with.

Hehe... I've been here before :slightly_smiling_face:. All good, happy to take a look, but likely could be a month or so before I could offer anything substantial. Happy for anyone else to take a look in the meantime. Also, I may need a reminder :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank mate, much appreciated. :+1:

I had a look through the doco, but I didn't understand how it works at all - the WU auth is all inline with the API call, but this I'm failing to comprehend. If I could get the auth going, I could prolly figure out how to parse the JSON to get what I want. :man_facepalming:

Ok, I'll see what I can work out with the auth

1 Like

Thank you sir. :pray:

1 Like

The new Amber Electric driver is here:

1 Like

Hey, sorry for the delay. I visit these forums infrequently now.

Yes, the Amber app I wrote was written before they had a proper public API, and I never got around to updating it once their public API was made available. I'm not an Amber customer any more either so wouldn't be able to work on it.

Thanks @sburke781 for helping @dJOS with this.

2 Likes

Howdy, I thought you might have gone over to the dark side (HA). :laughing: I'm glad you are still around.

I should probably update the notes to provide you with some attribution - I borrowed your scheduling code, but everything else I wrote from scratch.

I must admit, Im not sure how long i'll remain a customer - Im thinking I can probably save more money on a good ToU tarrif and manipulate my PowerWall charging based on the weather forecasts etc.