An application that provides linking of Hubitat devices directly with an MQTT broker i.e. without need for the 'middleman' bridge.
This is currently in alpha testing (as is the Hubitat MQTT client driver),
Key Features - implemented in alpha2
a) Enabling inbuilt HE devices to publish and be controllable through MQTT either using a basic topic structure or a limited homie3 structure (or both)
b) Enable existing MQTT devices to be 'mirrored' as virtual devices and controlled within HE. All the topics are configurable as are the state values..
c) Enable automatic discovery and selected inclusion of devices using the homie3 protocol (promoted by openHAB)
d) Enable automatic discovery and selected inclusion of devices using the Home Assistant statestream protocol (offered by HA) - a small automation script is provided for HA that enables the statestream protocol for control of HA too.
Limitations: alpha2 supports 'switch' (onoff) and 'switchLevel' (dim) capabilities only - but will be expanded to include others
Intended Future Features:
- Support of many more device capabilities beyond 'onoff' and 'dim'
- Add sensor support for reporting of sensor values
- Support Home Assistant MQTT discovery protocol bidirectionally - HE devices auto discovered by HA and devices advertising using this protocol discoverable by HE
- Better support for decimal maxBrightness values
- Support for multiple homie discovered devices.
- Support for JSON payloads
- More complete support for homie3 specification from Hubitat - enough so openHAB# discovery is happy.